You can type here any text you want

Precision 6262

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Apologizes to captndave737 sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, my 1st post was actually directed at you. Rob same boost 25-26 lbs always with Razor's Alky system (alkycontrol.com), the new billet wheel spins the mickeys on the highway, just drop it out of OD (4th gear) and smash it at 55 mph, you don't see two black streaks in the rear view, put you can hear them spin, my younger brother always shakes his head in disbelief. I don't do it that often, need my driving privileges and my luck I'm bound to do it beside a unmarked. Any speed you want to break the tires loose just give it more gas, as you can see in the video, not much turbo lag if any, you young guys may be able to detect some, I can't.

Chuck

You've got your car cooking very well. TTSD chip is a great choice and it's been a challenging but enjoyable experience to get my car tuned correctly.

When I hammer mine in 3rd and it's under 70 MPH, it down shifts into 2nd and its time to hang on. Knock sensor screams like hell on the downshift but it is quite a ride.:)

Yeah I saw that vid, nice numbers, but the TE62 is capable of posting the same results.

Mid to high tens are possible with the TE62 also so there is no need for me to get another turbo.

Maybe a te62 with a clipped ex wheel on a strong combo. Not going to happen easily though. High tens yes but mid 10's not so easy

Apologizes to captndave737 sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, my 1st post was actually directed at you. Rob same boost 25-26 lbs always with Razor's Alky system (alkycontrol.com), the new billet wheel spins the mickeys on the highway, just drop it out of OD (4th gear) and smash it at 55 mph, you don't see two black streaks in the rear view, put you can hear them spin, my younger brother always shakes his head in disbelief. I don't do it that often, need my driving privileges and my luck I'm bound to do it beside a unmarked. Any speed you want to break the tires loose just give it more gas, as you can see in the video, not much turbo lag if any, you young guys may be able to detect some, I can't.

Chuck

You need to get some tires on that car. What you have on there is very dangerous. A fresh set of drag radials will put an end to your wheel spin issues.

1st gear on my car is useless on the street with the 6262. 2nd is pretty fun though lol.

How much rpm are you guys turning with the 6262?

I am very pleased with my JB 6262. Only have 1/8 mile tracks around here, so no quarter mile times. See sig.

I've been considering the 6262 myself also. Maybe with my current combo it wouldn't be worth the upgrade from my TA60? I haven't been back to the track since January but I think should be in the high 11 sec range. I still have stock heads and cam as well and I don't intend to pull the heads unless I have to. If at some point I blow a head gasket I will probably be going back with champion irons.

My GN & boat.
photo.JPG
505 A Cat Midwinters Feb 10 08 047photoboat (2).JPG

I like my 6262 also spools quick lots o nuts but due to traction issues best time so far is 11.05 @124

Back