You can type here any text you want

Precision Gtq Turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

snipersixx

GTQ 70mm Turbo with H cover 4in. inlet / 3in. outlet turbo in perfect shape NO NICKS on impeller wheels, has precision .85 exhaust housing. Turbo is in like new condition $900.00

63cr6l2.jpg

4xz8nyq.jpg

4u9mgxt.jpg

534x15l.jpg

Actually, from the looks of your turbo, it has the Billet aluminum CNC machined compressor wheel which started life as a 71mm inducer wheel. I would only imagine that it was machined down to fit the 70mm rules, or it's really a 71mm. Having the older style H compressor cover tells me it could have been one from the first initial batch of the 70GTQ. Popping the compressor cover backing plate clamps off and reading the part number on the compressor cover would tell us more. Also, what exactly is engraved on the compressor covers' discharge? The CNC cut number on the compressor cover, underneath the backing plate clamps will either be CCH70 or CCH71. Also, the engraving on the compressor cover discharge could either be 7080H or 7180H. Eitherway, once you find those numbers, you will know. One last way you could measure it would be to pop the compressor cover off and measure the inducer and exducer of the compressor wheel. But I can assure you, that the only billet aluminum compressor wheel that was ever offered on the Buick turbos by PTE was the 71mm high PR style compressor wheel. It likes to be run in the 32-40psi range to realize it's true power potential.
Hope some of this helps and good luck with your sale.

Patrick

Actually, from the looks of your turbo, it has the Billet aluminum CNC machined compressor wheel which started life as a 71mm inducer wheel. I would only imagine that it was machined down to fit the 70mm rules, or it's really a 71mm. Having the older style H compressor cover tells me it could have been one from the first initial batch of the 70GTQ. Popping the compressor cover backing plate clamps off and reading the part number on the compressor cover would tell us more. Also, what exactly is engraved on the compressor covers' discharge? The CNC cut number on the compressor cover, underneath the backing plate clamps will either be CCH70 or CCH71. Also, the engraving on the compressor cover discharge could either be 7080H or 7180H. Eitherway, once you find those numbers, you will know. One last way you could measure it would be to pop the compressor cover off and measure the inducer and exducer of the compressor wheel. But I can assure you, that the only billet aluminum compressor wheel that was ever offered on the Buick turbos by PTE was the 71mm high PR style compressor wheel. It likes to be run in the 32-40psi range to realize it's true power potential.
Hope some of this helps and good luck with your sale.

Patrick
Good INFO PAT, and from the looks of it - it is a 71mm GTQ from the 7180 on the Compressor HSG.... i knew those lines on the compressor wheel looked machined instead of cast.

TTT for Sniper

You're probably having a hard time selling it because of the post in the turbos section with the fitment issue with the H cover. You think that might be why its taking a while to sell?

This thing would have a hard time being mounted even with a front mount wouldnt it?

You're probably having a hard time selling it because of the post in the turbos section with the fitment issue with the H cover. You think that might be why its taking a while to sell?

This thing would have a hard time being mounted even with a front mount wouldnt it?

There is no problem with this turbo fitting with a front mount it's a bolt on.

Im not trying to bash, or make it hardter for you. I am just curious. Didnt you have a thread in the turbo section about this? Something didnt fit 100% or something I thought.

Back