preferred roller cam

pressured

need some input on a roller cam setup. what is the kit of choice? has anyone used the revolution x from full throttle?

need some input on a roller cam setup. what is the kit of choice? has anyone used the revolution x from full throttle?

I had the same question about a month ago and all was positive on the revolution x camshaft. I plan on getting one right after new years....

I ended up with the Comp Cams 212/212 roller. Mainley because the company I work for is a Comp dealer and I got it cheap ;) I have had good success so far. Quality should be the same from most manufacturers, just the specs will be different. If I had to do it again, I would have gone with the smaller 206/206 for my street set up. The 212/212 doesn't really come on hard until a little higher in the RPM band. Sure does make a great top end pull though :biggrin:

Check into Weber's full Billet roller set-up. If you are starting from scratch(flat tappet), you will benefit in the long run to spend the extra couple of hundred bucks it will cost with a Weber set-up, instead of the non Billet stuff with a cam button. Dan at DLS might be a good source for your project as well. Great guy.

Call Dan at DLS, his info is in my sig. He will set you up with everything and pick the right one for your application. Asking this question on the net leaves alot of un answered questions. Everybodies setup is different. Thats why calling Dan would simplify everything without the guess work.

Go with a hydraulic roller cam. Don't consider a flat tappet. The oils that are available now are NOT conducive to flat tappet cam break-in. Roller cams are the current technology.....better acceleration ramps, much less friction, can swap cams with NO worry about compatibility. All the OEM's have gone to rollers for all the right reasons.
Conrad

I went with the 206/206 roller kit from Jack Cotton. Couldnt be happier. My car is an animal now...it woke that 6776 DBB turbo up big time!