You can type here any text you want

Pressure transducer wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Major Nutz

What's the best way to get the 5 volt power source? I have the 3 wire harness and I'm getting ready to start logging fuel and alky with the powerlogger. Is the ground lug on the firewall acceptable for this? Anything special that I need to do to get the logger to read them? Thanks in advance.
Mike

Usually it goes red 12v, black ground and other color is the 5v reference to the PL. You have to program the PL INI file to what the rating on the sensor is (if it was a fuel pressure transducer the sensor is ie; 0 pressure is 0 volts, 100 is 5 volts). The sensor should have that info included. You also name the sensor in the INI file. You would name it Fuel Pressure.

$%28KGrHqN,%21mEFHdMlyr,LBR501IFfUw%7E%7E60_3.JPG

Hope the pic shows up. This is why I am confused. Also where do I find the INI file? Sorry if they are dumb questions but I want to make sure I get it right.

In your Powerlogger folder look for the file PLC that opens with notepad. Scroll down to the custom analog4 in brackets. If this is the 100psi transducer for fuel this is what you need it to look like, Reference is put in the analog 4 spot.
[CustomAnalog4]
CustomAnalog4Name=Fuel Pres
CustomAnalog4LongName=Fuel Pressure
CustomAnalog4Tag=PR4
CustomAnalog4GaugeMin=0
CustomAnalog4GaugeMax=100
CustomAnalog4GraphMin=0
CustomAnalog4GraphMax=100
CustomAnalog4MinValue=0
CustomAnalog4MaxValue=100
CustomAnalog4MinVolt=.5
CustomAnalog4MaxVolt=4.5

Got the power logger set up, now just need to make sure I get the wiring right. Anybody else got any ideas?

As mentioned B4, there are 2 different input voltages for the transducers...12V and 5V.
The pic shows the input as being 5v, on that particular unit. Hook 12V to it, and it's toast.

gonna do this what part number for the transducer and where is the best place to hook it up to? tee off the fuel rail?or?

hi like always .can you take a pic of the fuel rail and post it please .thanks.

I went to the I/O board. It has a place for ground & 50 right on it making if really easy.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I don't think Bob is recommending using that ground anymore.

Here's a pic. The fitting is an earl's brand. Don't remember the part number.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1397084884544.jpg
    1397084884544.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 152
Back