You can type here any text you want

Pressure transducer wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i put mines on a fitting off the fuel rail after the regulator, got the 5v from the tps (tapped into the wire) , ground from the intake bolt, ran the signal wire into the pl analog 4 slot. it reads about ~5 psi off but it serves a purpose for logging. I know 32 psi is really 37 more or less for example. I used the ebay $30 dollar sender vs the $100 autometer

In case anyone in the future requires this info. As the TPS is plugged in on 86-87 TR. The top wire (grey) is 5volts. Middle wire (blue) is variable signal for TPS, and of course the bottom black wire is ground.

i put mines on a fitting off the fuel rail after the regulator, got the 5v from the tps (tapped into the wire) , ground from the intake bolt, ran the signal wire into the pl analog 4 slot. it reads about ~5 psi off but it serves a purpose for logging. I know 32 psi is really 37 more or less for example. I used the ebay $30 dollar sender vs the $100 autometer

You can adjust this so it shows right. Click on "adjust" on the configure tab of the Powerlogger.

Mike, I'm in the middle of this. What value do you enter in the "adjust" box to correct this and what box, analog 4 offset volts? My FP is about 5 psi off between the PL and the mechanical.

Mike, I'm in the middle of this. What value do you enter in the "adjust" box to correct this and what box, analog 4 offset volts? My FP is about 5 psi off between the PL and the mechanical.

So far I am at -0.399999 volts in the adjust box. Tomorrow when I get the engine running again (part on order), I will need to work on getting it better.

It is showing 39.XX pounds of pressure at idle.

Mine is similar in pressure, but mechanical is 4-5 psi higher. But I'm still confused on how you come up with that value, and what box are entering that -0.399999? Analog 4 offset volts?

-0,399999 got me closer than it was reading. I set the pressure at 43 psi with the vacuum line off (like recommended) and when I put the line back pressure went to 40 psi.

I put everything into analog 4 before I knew that you can toggle on the gauge screen, so it really does not matter if you put the wire in 5 or 4 .

My reading is at 39.79 psi at idle, so I need to fine turn some.

Thanks Michael, I played around with some different values and ended up with 0.2000000 which put the PL value and the Mechanical both identical to each other.

Thanks Michael, I played around with some different values and ended up with 0.2000000 which put the PL value and the Mechanical both identical to each other.

What transducer do you have ? Big difference between yours and mine. I have an Autometer 0-100 pound transducer.

Yea so this is what I found about supply power from your input board.
IMG_3949.jpg

This is how I'm supplying all my transducers .

IMG_3951.JPG

I was going by memory you can connect the transducer wire to either 5 or 8 then Toggle on the "graph" page/tab to get it to read as you want.

You only use the ground if you connect the MAF sensor directly to the PLC.

To toggle different inputs on the "graph" screen:

First goto this screen
push "CTRL" on the key board then either F12, F11, F10, or F9.

Last edited:
Back