Price to Powder Coat Frame

SPEEDSTAR

Quoted ---425.00 to 450.00 not as bad as I thought it would be. Powder caoting the frame soon. JEFF

Powder Coat

425.00 TO 450.0 is the price if I bring them a bare frame, they will sand blast it and powdercoat it, I am pulling the body off now, I have a small fortune into the car now , I just cant see putting it back together and leaving the frame dirty and rusty in spots. I am doing it rather than be sorry later. This way the car will be almost new. Actually better than new , gm did nothing to the frame.

I have the 14 piece prothane eurathane body mount kit ready to install, I am just trying to get a plan up to take the body off. I know I have to remove the fenders ,hood, radiator, etc. The engine and trans are already out, front susp. off. I am going to notch the rear frame rails , for a 305/35/18 tire on a 10" rim ,.I will be welding ford big bearing ends onthe rear, and then order custom length axles, so those wide tires will fit perfectly. Ihave to notch first , then place the tires/wheels in place , then order the axles in the right lenght, then weld the ends on in that order. JEFF

No, it does not scratch off at all. It is not like paint. If you want, you can send me a bolt and I will plate it for you and you can see for yourself the before and after difference. I am glad I did it. It is as easy as the video on Caswell's site explains it. You can also use the zinc plating kit from Eastwood. I used the black bolts on anything silver and the silver bolts on anything black. Turned out nice.