You can type here any text you want

Pro RWD Honda runs 6.68 @211mph!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Wow 74 views and no replies...... We just love fast imports on this message board:D ;)

Originally posted by XxDarkSidexX
ya but its not a 4 banger

True, but a 6 cylinder running mid 6's is impressive IMO...... The only 4 cylinder car I know of that ran 6's was Lingenfelter's Cavalier (the one he crashed)....

Originally posted by Curbside62
They use turbo and nitrous to go that fast

I'm pretty sure they don't use nitrous because I read the cars specs and they didn't mention nitrous.... Here are some of the rules from the class they run.....

"PRO RWD

4 cylinder/2 rotor: 2,000 pounds 1 or 2 power adders
Maximum displacement 2.8 liter (170.75 ci)
3 rotor: (no change): 2,200 pounds 1 or 2 power adders

6 cylinder
3.5 liter (213.50 ci) max: 2,350 pounds 1 power adder
3.5 liter (213.50 ci) max: 2,450 pounds 2 power adders

Max turbo on 6 cylinder = 91.5 mm single, 72 mm twins, measured as follows:

Single Turbocharger - Single turbochargers are permitted with the following requirements: 1) Turbocharger must be of conventional impeller and housing design and type. 2) Turbocharger is limited to a maximum size of 3.602" (91.49mm) - inducer wheel diameter at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. 3) Inlet housing is permitted a maximum inlet diameter of 3.673" (93.29mm) where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. 4) All air entering the turbocharger must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Injection of any liquid, gas or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing is prohibited. Turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. Exotic material wheels prohibited.

Twin Turbochargers - Dual (2) turbochargers are permitted with the following requirements: 1) Each Turbocharger must be of conventional impeller and housing design and type. 2) Each Turbocharger is limited to a maximum size of 2.834" (71.98mm) - inducer wheel diameter at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. 3) Inlet housing of each turbocharger is permitted a maximum inlet diameter of 2.905" (73.78mm) where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. 4) All air entering the turbocharger(s) must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Injection of any liquid, gas or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing is prohibited. Each turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. Exotic material wheels prohibited."

As you can see if they used 2 power adders (turbo + nitrous) they would have to weigh 2450lbs, but with a single power adder they can weigh 2350lbs.... Even if they are using 2 power adders it's still very impressive!!!

2000lbs car no wonder everyone is crashing them! At that HP levl and that weight your an ant on a bottle rocket trying to steer.

Originally posted by chevyII
2000lbs car no wonder everyone is crashing them! At that HP levl and that weight your an ant on a bottle rocket trying to steer.

"ant on a bottle rocket" LMAO:p
Don't forget to break the stick off the end of the bottle rocket
to simulate the short wheelbase of those cars too.

I wonder how much money is tied up in that exotic engine?

That is pretty impressive.... I assume it runs on methanol as there are no intercoolers in sight. Straight from turbo to TB.

The Turbonetics Celica runs a 3.4i Tacoma production block/heads with twin T-76's (last year) and it too hauls arse.

-GNX7

Yep it runs on methanol..... I heard through the grape vine that the NHRA is looking into banning cars that run on methanol (this will definitely slow some of these cars down).... Personally I think it's probably for the better cause these cars are just getting too fast! The same thing was happening with the Pro 5.0 Mustangs and most still think they are too fast....

That is really impressive.
I would like to see the 91.5mm spec turbo.
Lets throw one on a buick and blow it up!!!

Originally posted by John Wilde
That is really impressive.
I would like to see the 91.5mm spec turbo.
Lets throw one on a buick and blow it up!!!

Sounds good to me, but lets also run it on methanol and make it weigh 2350lbs:D :eek:

Back