You can type here any text you want

Probably a dumb question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

I need to fix my headlamps. I think the piece inside is worn. They will stay up on their own depending on how many tries I do. I know there is a link in the FAQ section. But I wanted to know the best way to get to the headlamp motors.

Thanks

Been a while since I did mine, but just unbolt the arm on the side and the entire light either swings down or you can pull it up..don't remember which, then you can twist your arm around and get to the motor bolts to take it loose. Its an easy fix, just need a piece of heater hose, take the motor apart and clean out the dust particles of the old gear center piece and push the hose over the triangular piece in the center of the gear and insert the gear back on and put it back together.

2QUIK6 said:
Been a while since I did mine, but just unbolt the arm on the side and the entire light either swings down or you can pull it up..don't remember which, then you can twist your arm around and get to the motor bolts to take it loose. Its an easy fix, just need a piece of heater hose, take the motor apart and clean out the dust particles of the old gear center piece and push the hose over the triangular piece in the center of the gear and insert the gear back on and put it back together.

Do the lights need to be up to fix them?

Sweet6 said:
Do the lights need to be up to fix them?
Yep, if they will raise with power, raise them, then unplug the wiring connector before turning off the lamps...otherwise, turn the knob while lifting the light. or lift the light while someone else turns on the lamp power switch in the car.

Back