You can type here any text you want

Problem: 14.71@98 mph

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bird of Prey

hi folks

I tried out a friend's g-tech today.

3 runs, best was 14,71@98 mph. thats very poor for a tta, i suppose. so i ask you, what is wrong with it?

maybe the wastegate? original one, 15 year old installed. but: i tried it out today, 16,5 psi of boost are on the gauge!

maybe i should buy new hoses?

help is much appreciated!

thx

matt

/edit: 0-60mph in 6,2 sec
first run: launch at idle
others: launch at ~2-3 psi with high wheelspin

Do you own a scan tool?

If not, thats the first problem.

If so, post your numbers at idle.

Also what tires, what modifications have been done, how are you monitoring its tune(scan tool)

Easy :)

the car is stock.

tires are old and worn.

i will try out directscan these days, but i don't know how to connect the laptop with the ecm. are there some pics or diagrams for that?

i don't even have the cable.

matt

No scantool=No flogging

Need to get some type of scantool to read blm's, MAF,IAC,codes,yada,yada.

It will be ver difficult to diagnose your problem without one.

Mine runs 11,s .... why?:D

Originally posted by Bird of Prey
the car is stock.

tires are old and worn.

i will try out directscan these days, but i don't know how to connect the laptop with the ecm. are there some pics or diagrams for that?

i don't even have the cable.

matt

Matt unless you have ample supply to parts, dont beat on the car unless you have items to monitor how it runs.

Direct scan while a nice tool to record your runs, unless you have the laptop running, wont do you any good. At least you can record when the motor blows up. Then look at the data and figure out why.

Get a scanmaster or knock guage as a first item. It is almost impossible to hurt these motors if you can keep it from detonating.

If you dont have the cable, get it. and not having tires you expect to obtain a good ET?

Do your research and reading. You have a long way to go.

You detonate the motor good.. you'll spin the bearings and destroy the crank. Good luck finding a TTA crank overseas.

Buy the scantool now or latter. Hopefully before you trash the crank.

Sorry for being harsh, its how it is.

Julio

Back