You can type here any text you want

Problem installing cam sensor??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The car won't turn over is there anything I'm missing? Anything that needs to be Hooked up in order for the starter to turn over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e9udy9a5.jpg

Do you have a purple wire going to that small lug on the starter closest to the block?

Also, make sure the transmission is in Park and the column is in park position as well.

Last edited:
Well I got my cam sensor set and the starter going had the small wire on the wrong post. Got it started and let it run for a second had around 70lbs oil pressure and 35lbs of fuel pressure. Sounded like a rocker was hitting my valve cover so I'm going to switch them out with my other ones since there taller and see if that helps. Going to order a new chip since I have a different cam and turbo now. Not sure if I need to but it won't hurt and got enough stuck in the car now that I don't want to ruin anything

Alright tried turning it over and the starter won't turn over. I have 5 orange wires on the solenoid and the main power from the battery running down there and then the wire with the smaller ring on the starter. Does this seem right?IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/06/ta6udehe.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
I just put a new starter in my '87 and I had 3 wires connecting to the large post (2 orange wires and the main battery cable) and one wire (ignition I believe) connecting to the small post. I don't know why you would have 5 orange wires but maybe your car has something mine doesn't have. lol

I had few less when I pulled the engine I believe they come together farther up I had some that were a little beat up and one broke so I ran some new wire and kept them all separate. I'm just glad it's finally running again now I just have to get it running right

Just run it without the valve covers and make sure the noise stops. Might save you some time.

Back