You can type here any text you want

Problem with TOO high oilpressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lunkan

Crazy? Me? :-P
Well, Ulf (The Swede) had some problems with his engine not starting. We found the problem, BUT, within about 3sec the lifters stop ticking and the second after, the oilpressure shoots over 100PSI and blows the oilfilter o-ring.

He´s got the relocation kit for the oilfilter, so first we thought that he´d switched the lines (in to out and vice versa). But after we switched them over and refilled the oil, the exact same thing happens.

The oil was first 10/30, and the new oil we used was 10/40 (had no 10/30).

We´ve checked the spring and valve (found out it was an high volume kit) but they slide smothly.

Anyone got an idea? I´m out of them :(

Thanx
/Andreas

Is this a new motor build?

What was the last thing done before this happened?

He shot the head gasket and made a rebuild at the same shop as I am rebuilding mine. All internally was replaced by former owner but had to be rebalanced. Nothing is replaced except for gaskets.

Well he took the motor out of the car and to a shop rite?

They cleaned it? Inspected it? Change any plugs on block?

If so... they probably installed the oil galley plug incorrectly. Typical problem.

Let me know.

Julio,

I did the engine work by my self.

Have not removed any plugs.

Engine is very,very good cleaned and put back again.

We have some tips that it might be the stock oilpump gasket that need some jack to fit on the high volume pump together with the adapter thing....

I cant beleive you guys dont vat and magnaflux blocks during a rebuild.Even crappy American machine shops do that.Id figure a top notch Swedish shop would:rolleyes:

Originally posted by broke1
I cant beleive you guys dont vat and magnaflux blocks during a rebuild.Even crappy American machine shops do that.Id figure a top notch Swedish shop would:rolleyes:

Since this engine just was rebuilt before i purshased it at one GOOD:eek: :rolleyes: :( shop in USA i guess i didn't have to do that?

Originally posted by broke1

Ouch. Retract the claws over there.

Update,

Oilpressure is now back to normal after cutting a hole in the gasket above the oilpump.

Thank's for all tips from you!

Originally posted by Razor
Was the gasket wrong?

We removed the pump and booster plate. The hole wasn´t cut. That solved the problem.

/Andreas

Back