You can type here any text you want

Problems installing ck shift kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Qwkspool

I ran into a few problems installing the ck shift kit. I broke the spring that was supposed to be used for the line bias. I tried tapping the valve in so the pin would slide in and I broke it because the spring is stiff! I just reinstalled the stock spring. My real question is about the tv spring lifter. When I was removing the valve body, I didn't pay attention and some parts just shot down. They were a small spring and a cotter pin or a "Barbie looking pin". I have no idea how they go back together now. Also I had quite a few parts left over mainly because I discarded the 1-2,3-4 accumulator parts and springs. This wasn't as easy or smooth that I thought it would be

CK has the instructions and the photos in link on his site
I did a ck kit install last night. Suggest you call ck and get the parts you lost. In the ck instructions there is an exploded view.

Let me see if I have them instructions in a pdf format when I get home and I can email to you if needed.

I have the instructions but it doesn't show how that lifter tv exhaust thing is installed. It just came apart when I was dropping the valve body. It's a spring and a cotter pin. Items 69,70,71 if you do have the instructions.

I have the instructions but it doesn't show how that lifter tv exhaust thing is installed. It just came apart when I was dropping the valve body. It's a spring and a cotter pin. Items 69,70,71 if you do have the instructions.
Is this what your talking about?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 171
Leave the cotter key lookin thing, the spring, and the checkball that it touches out of the trans when you reassemble. Find another stiff spring for the line bias (you are essentially blocking it anyway).

Leave the cotter key lookin thing, the spring, and the checkball that it touches out of the trans when you reassemble. Find another stiff spring for the line bias (you are essentially blocking it anyway).

Are you saying to just less R that spring and pin out? I figured I could just get a stiff spring for the Line bias? Where do you think I could get one? Hardware store?

yes you leave those items out but make sure to delete the checkball above them as well (tv exhaust checkball) . Most builders leave them out and the atsg manual even recommends it.

for the line bias: you can use one of the 700 clutch return springs that litter the floor of your local trans shop as mentioned above...or you can get any small stiff compression spring that fits at the hardware store......or fabricate a piece of rod or tubing...

Thanks for all your help guys. I left out the pin and spring. For the line bias spring, I went to the hardware store and got a stiff spring that when fully compressed was about the size of the one that came with the kit. The kit shifts great. 1-2 is really noticeable at part throttle and the 2-3 feels stock until you go WOT. I guess when I look back at it, it was a fairly easy install. Now I get to go to the track this Wednesday and see what she goes with the stock turbo before bolting on a TE-60. Thanks again guys.

Back