You can type here any text you want

Problems with disc/disc swap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hey,guys.I went w/the swap in my sig.Now having probs getting a hard peddle.I have the vac conversion from last year done and worked awesome.Now did the disc swap and prop valve and have no peddle.I think the MC should be ok from the conversion and I did the mod on the prop valve then tried a new valve still no good.Local guy is going to try a MC from an IROC.Says it could fix it.Any ideas?

Hydroboost, Vacuum Boosters, Powermasters

The vacuum booster used a 24mm (15/16") master, which is way too small for 4 disc. The Powermaster had a 1.250" piston. You would need a 1.125" master, such as our favorite Corvette, which was designed for 4 discs, 16 pistons from the get-go. The problem, as with all 4 discs, is that they require double the volume, and double the PRESSURE to work. You are going from a 3/4" w/cyl piston to 2 2.50" pistons which also has caliper spread in the equation. But, just bolting on the bigger master would work only IF you had vacuum. The 231 ci motor, supercharged, isn't up to it. The hydroboost supplies both the pressure, and can push any size master up to 1.625". The hydroboost/1.125" master combo will absolutely give you the braking you were after in the first place.

So, by definition that disc conversion should work fine with the hydroboost setup and let's say some ss lines? Please correct me if I didnt undertstood well.

Which parts are needed for the c5 front and rear swap?

Sorry to hijack the post

Back