You can type here any text you want

problems with Extender Anti-theft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sy1680

Installed the extender extreme g and Gen 2 today, but was not able to get the car to start. I ordered the chip with the anti-theft feature and performed the sequence the instructions directed. The car will run for 1-2 seconds and then the dies.

The car is behaving just like the Thrasher would when I forgot to perform the correct sequence, so thats what leads me to believe its something with the anti-theft feature. Of course, there is always the possibility that I am overlooking something.

I have tried all of the anti theft combinations (valet, convenience, etc) and have not been able to get the car to run for more than 1-2 seconds. Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas?

btw, battery volts are 12.0 with key in the on position and all connections from Gen 2 unit to ECM appear to be good.

It does sound like the anti-theft. Are you running Direct Scan? I had a intermitant problem like that and I believe it was my Direct Scan. I shielded the cable and reset the depth I plugged the cable in (not all the way in) and the problem went away.

I have the same problem with my Extender Extreme for Trans+...sometimes the sequence to disable the alarm doesn't work...you should have a sequence to permanently(not really) disable the alarm for racing...etc...see if that works...

fixed the problem. the floor mat was in between the gas pedal and the floor... started right up and ran well.

Back