production #'s ???

Wknight13

I have an 87 T with WO2 package (chrome bumpers and front turn bezels with blackout trim on the rest.....I believe) I was wondering how to check how many were produced that year with this package. It also has the locking T top option and a red factory pin stripe and GN spoiler.

Also, is there a way to find out how many cars were produced with this particular package?

I have the same car except with a grey pinstripe and I installed the spoiler myself. I've never found any actual figures except an estimate of "less than 200." Kirban figures she's the rarest of them all. Nobody really seems to care, though; all I ever hear is: "Is that a Grand National?" It's easier to say "Yup" than to try to explain what it really is.

Amen to that...I get an awful lot of compliments but it isn't a National. Rarity counts for nothing. For bragging rights we have the second fastest turbo buick made though. Less than 200 huh..? I can dig that.

thanks

Originally posted by blacksix
I've never found any actual figures except an estimate of "less than 200."

I think this only applies to BLACK '87 TR's with the W02. They were made only for a short time until the WE4 can out. Then the Black out on Black was unavailable. All other colors were available and I would bet that many more than 200 had the black out package.

And estimates are only estimates.

Is that a Grand National???

While owning a WE4 that question was asked more times than I care to mention. That was one of the reasons why I sold it. Imagine how time consuming it is to educate the person every time that question is asked. I own a GN now and have never been asked that question!!!!!!:) That alone is worth it. Drew:cool:

I did find some figures in the TurboRegal website that less than 1600 Turbo T's were produced in 1987. What is the difference between the T and the base regal with the turbo? I noticed quite a bit more of those were produced. Again it is nice to know I have what I think is the second rarest non GN turbo Buick, but kinda dissappointing the value doesn't reflect that.