Lawn Dart!

Three on tree shifters.

Reel to Reel tape. laser disc, 5-1/4" Floppy Drive 3-1/2" Floppy Drive

Green Stamps

Oil in Cans..... Oil can nozzle/opener

Oil with ZDDP!

Only Three channels on the TV

TV's with tubes

33, 45, 78 Vinyl kids, you know records?

hello people; You know what this and another thread posted by Dennis K. reminds me of. That is when I use to get his (I guess you call it a) newsletter he would have this section where he would do things like this. Does he still have that? I guess he was trying to make some fun out of it.
IBBY

Nba hoops, commodore 64,carburators,slot cars,boblo island amusement park,ghetto blaster radios,cross colors used and major damage jeans, pull out radios, metal tonka trucks, the toy gun section at the toystore, slip n slides,records and cassettes,floppy discs......

ghetto blaster radias, pull out radios, and records are still in use here:eek::D

Dennis, you feeling OK? last couple threads have been 'reflecting back on life' types:wink: They say when a man comes to grips with his mortality, he begins to reflect on his life...

Anyway, back when I got my 1st job at age 14, one of the first things I bought was a Polaroid camera. $46. was a ton of cash back then but it paid me back in spades. At parties, I'd take pictures of the uh, festivities and goings on and it made me very popular(for an hour anyway:redface:). The girls were always grateful for pics of themselves with their friends.;)

Alan

I am feeling ok....did lose my Dad earlier this year though.....I try and pick topics that have a broad appeal/interest.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Polariod hit the home run with that camera back in the day.

when blue jeanns 10.00 not 50.00 for old looking

when mtv played music vid not some punk from jersey who thinks he has a6 pack

when tell cars and trucks apart

Cocerning mtv...they say in some regards the early TV show the Monkees had a similar format to what later became mtv.

The monkees for you youngsters....was a mad up group originally that had a custom made 1966-67 GTO in their TV series and performed. Had several hits. Actually, one of our early Reunion events in the early 1990s at the airbase featured Molly for the Buick crowd and we had Davy Jones of the Monkees fame for the GTO crowd.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Comic books on the magizine racks.

Milk and pop (soda, for our yankee friends:)) in glass bottles. Tastes better, stays colder (and for longer). A 12 ounce pop is just the right size. Not the "bladder busters" they sell now that get hot and flat before you're half done.

Back in the 1970s I member when I would travel for my Dad down south seeing all the coke rebottling plants......I used to stop at these places and buy the old Coke metal signs......

I guess that industry is just about gone.....

On another note...it appears block buster which hit 25 years in business recently may file for bankruptcy....another victim of progress.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

A 12 ounce pop is just the right size. Not the "bladder busters" they sell now that get hot and flat before you're half done.

When I got to Australia a few weeks ago, I couldn't believe that they had 12oz (well 354ml) glass bottles of Coke. Everytime I go out I get one just for the novelty of it, but I don't really drink soda so almost half always goes to waste. :(

these phones.. I had my kids try it using it they thought it was funny.

Attachments

• rotary-phone.jpg
    rotary-phone.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 177
these phones.. I had my kids try it using it they thought it was funny.

I don't know if this practice was nationwide but in our state or our phone system Bell you actually paid a rental fee or fee for the phone each month from what I remember.

Great gimmick for sure.....

I still have the Princess phone from my parents house....guess it was the hot rod version of the all black dial phone.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Mechanical Vending machines.. The never screwed up like the ones today.

Attachments

• 220px-CandiesVendingMachine1952.jpg
    220px-CandiesVendingMachine1952.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 145