programing key fob on 2002 impala

jetmech

I had a new body control module put in the car and now i have fob option. (i didnt before) I aquired 2 key fobs, is there a way to program these to unlock my doors. I went into the radio settings and went to fob program but thats is far as i got. Or does the dealer have to do it.

I've seen this posted...

Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the DOOR unlock switch.
While holding the DOOR lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the DOOR unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one keyless remote. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds , the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (one more click forward) position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation

...but when we picked up our impala from the dealer (05), I watched them do it from a scan tool. My Jeep had to be setup the same way...dealer pc.

Worth a try though, but I'm betting you need to make a quick trip to the local dealer.....they did my Jeep for free for what it is worth.

Mark

There might be a way to do it without taking it to the dealer. The Factory Service Manuals from HELM was the best money I ever spent on my Cadillac. Tells you how to do everything, though some things require a Tech2 scan tool (which is many thousands of dollars).

Anyway, I took my Caddy to the dealer. For $50 they programmed in the fobs and a new key (there's a way to do the key without a Tech2 but I needed it cut anyway).

Jim