You can type here any text you want

Propane bottle question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lonnie

I'm concerned with the size of the 5# propane bottle. What are the dimensions of this?

Also, I saw mention of a small 1# container. What is the dimension of this & were can one be purchased?

All of my local hardware/appliance places have nothing under 20# bottles for reference & the internet searches did not give much information.

Any info would be appreciated on various available sizes.
Thanks in advance.

12 inches high by 8 inches wide. I'd say theyre about 13 inches around also.

Originally posted by Lonnie
I'm concerned with the size of the 5# propane bottle. What are the dimensions of this?

Also, I saw mention of a small 1# container. What is the dimension of this & were can one be purchased?

All of my local hardware/appliance places have nothing under 20# bottles for reference & the internet searches did not give much information.

Any info would be appreciated on various available sizes.
Thanks in advance.

I think you are a little confused about the capacity of the bottles. The bottle that is supplied with the kit is a 5 pound bottle which is roughly 1 gallon. The bottle on the BBQ is a 20 or 25 pound tank which holds 5 gallons.

Picture a milkjug with a ring on top to protect the valve, that is about the size of the propane bottle in the kit. HTH

I swore there was a post on a 1# unit, but it must have been 1 gal.

My concerns were putting a 5# in a Camaro since I do not have the luxury of a trunk. You GN guys have all the luck! I'll do some measurements to see if I can hide it in the spare tire well.

Jay,
What is the max pressure & jet size the Propain kit will support?
Just trying to get an understanding of how much the kit will flow & the percentage of enrichment that it could add to my current configuration. Any flow (CFM) values that you could share?

My 383 w/ 2000cfm supercharger should be capable of nearly 26# boost..... definitely beyond pump fuel. Not sure of where the final setting will be, but after tuning on race fuel, I plan to work back to the limits of pump fuel. Just looking ahead to make life easier while it is apart this winter. I'd rather have everything installed before spring hits so I can finally enjoy it.

Thanks again.

The max pressure is dependent on temperature. If you use a bottle heater (NOS style) you should have no problem getting 150#+. Far as the jets, it can use some pretty big ones. I dont know how big the company we deal with makes but I think the kit ships with a 90 something jet.

The largest jet we supply is a 93.

If you want to see pictures and drawings of the tank...look here Tank Specifications

You're looking at the 5# tank, it's pictured on the left.

Originally posted by Lonnie
My concerns were putting a 5# in a Camaro since I do not have the luxury of a trunk. You GN guys have all the luck! I'll do some measurements to see if I can hide it in the spare tire well.

Lonnie, it fits just fine in the spare tire well, just turn the bracket upside down and the bottle will mount just in front of the spare tire support (about 4 inches in front measured from center of bottle). It fits just fine in the TTA so the Camaro shouldn't be a problem.

As far as pressure, some run 150psi but I have found it is easier to regulate it down to between 100-125psi so when the tank gets lower or the weather is cooler you will still get the same pressure you tuned it for. HTH

Yea, thats why I stated a bottle heater needed to be used.

Back