You can type here any text you want

Proper install of wheel center caps.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
I bought a set of four Turbo 6 plastic center caps. I'm not sure exactly how they're supposed to be mounted. Do the caps get set down over the bearing caps, and then are pressed on? Are the metal tabs at the base of the caps designed to snap into place, and are held with pressure from the metal tabs? Let me know. Thanks.

Ah. So I have to bend the tabs down on the center cover, and when I install the lug nuts the tabs will go underneith the lug nuts and get pinched between the wheel and the lug nuts?

Awesome GN, btw!

No, you don't bend the tabs. They just rest up against the sides of the lug nuts, their spring force keeps the cap centered. I usually hold the cap against the wheel with one hand while spinning 2 nuts on finger tight. Then finger tight the rest. Then go around with a wrench and do each a bit in turn, keeping the cap centered. The tabs tend to bend easily. This design is one of the most piss-poor ones I've seen GM do...

David

be careful...

It is really easy to booger them up. Then you spend a while with pliers trying to straighten the flanges back out. Take your time and finger tighten everything before firing up the impact.

Oh yeah, forgot. Might want to check to see if the metal ring with the tabs is fastened solidly to the cap. Sometimes they're loose when new. (don't ask how i know :mad: ) The caps have a tendency to go flying, leaving just the metal part behind. Probably should put some glue or something on the little plastic posts where they come through the ring. I used super glue.

Back