You can type here any text you want

PTE 6466 first impressions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Just getting my new build going/driving/tuning drivability and loving this turbo. Coming from ported irons and a 6262jb to TA SI heads and a 6466 BB...now granted there's more airflow but with same cam, stall, etc the turbo spools like mad. Off idle ....not flooring it just a aggressive pedal apply I'm in boost in less than 30 feet. I was skeptical that it would be a little laggy but man it's far from that! Thanks to Cal and Holly at Hartline performance as well as PTE for great service and product.

Sweet!! My build is just about done.. Same turbo gn1 race ported matching intake and all the goodies fast xfi be putting it in about a month. Keep me posted on how you like it when u have more seat time..

Turbo nasty and more seat time with that turbo? I should have my build done in a month. Almost the same as yours. Dying to try that turbo on my build. Thanks for any input.

We (our car club) just had Cal Hartline @HighPSI up here for a tune session (Great experience!!). Car made 521 HP and 524 TQ to the tires 24-26 psi on a superflow dyno (thatd be 545ish on a dynojet) and car was breaking up around 5300 and fuel pump cant keep up. Cal told me that FAST system saved my engine as it cracked the INJ PW way open to compensate for the falling Fuel PSI to keep AFR's in line where the stock computer would have expired the engine.
Plenty more horses on the table im thinking 28-30 PSI and proper fueling it'll be upper 500's or low 600's!
Great thing was the TQ and HP was flat and stayed together all the way up!
Going to slap a Walbro 430 LPH in tank/KB Boost a pump (just in case) and better return line and retune.

Last edited:
Wow!! That's great power... Glad the fast saved your motor.. Hope the new pump will give you the numbers your looking for.. Good luck man hope its everything you wanted... And thanks for replying back with info...

We (our car club) just had Cal Hartline @HighPSI up here for a tune session (Great experience!!). Car made 521 HP and 524 TQ to the tires 24-26 psi on a superflow dyno (thatd be 545ish on a dynojet) and car was breaking up around 5300 and fuel pump cant keep up. Cal told me that FAST system saved my engine as it cracked the INJ PW way open to compensate for the falling Fuel PSI to keep AFR's in line where the stock computer would have expired the engine.
Plenty more horses on the table im thinking 28-30 PSI and proper fueling it'll be upper 500's or low 600's!
Great thing was the TQ and HP was flat and stayed together all the way up!
Going to slap a Walbro 430 LPH in tank/KB Boost a pump (just in case) and better return line and retune.
Nice job brother. ..I think your numbers will go up quite a bit. Shane ( blackgn1) has been 6.3x with his 6466 ...

Bryan

Turbo nasty any hp numbers or et with 6262 for comparison to the 6466 ? That 6466 is an impressive turbo for sure.

Unfortunately I never got any numbers with the 6262 just street action and butt dyno, it's a sweet turbo tho. Spec wise the 6262 has the PTE CEA wheel on the compressor side only and can be had in JB or BB. Where the 6466 has both CEA wheels and is only available in BB all of this helps its lbs/min up rating to be superior to the 6262. Hard to say a compare tho since the ported alum ta head change is a big step in flow from champ irons which will impact spool etc and it's clear the airflow is significantly higher since the fuel pump couldn't keep up even with 14 volts. At any point whether off idle or light cruise the 6466 will make boost before you can say the word boost lol. Hoping to have fuel pump in soon....going to use a custom hanger so the fab and logistics on that will slow install it a bit. Hoping to have the boost a pump in by the weekend and see if that will at least help the range of the current pump with the boost turned down.

Last edited:
Here's a snap of one of the dyno pulls. Had to hit it from 65 since it kept downshifting to 2nd.

Attachments

• 1432821577185.jpg
    1432821577185.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Any update on your combo with that 6466? New dyno #s or drive time impression? Thanks turbo nasty

Back