Pte Chip Install...now Knock

NOKA72

whats up guys...i have an 85 tr and installed a chip from pte and now im experiencing part throttle knock...stock chip does not give me any knock...pte chip and 43# line off as they said to do and i have part throttle knock again....any other pte chip users have this experiance....so what do i start too look for from here...thanks guys vinny
combo: 85 hotair,30# inj,postons 107 cam and stock turbo...i also see high 920 or so on o2s...and this is all the time...at idle or not...any help would be great.

way too rich start backing down fuel till it leans down atleast in the low 800's

and what timing is in the chip?

when i was running my hotair motor i remember my fuel being around 38# with stock chip then i tried a race chip in the car and it needed around 43# to get the 02's right but bad thing is the car ran 13:40's on the race chip and 13:00's on the stock one :confused:

hey red whats up....i just gave patrick at pte my info and he made the chip...i emailed him too find out what is in the program..hopefully he will get back too me...so ill start to back down till i see low 800 and of course no knock right...could being too rich cause a knock problem??and if pte recommends 43 line off with there chips why would mine be so rich...tia vinny

Yes, being too rich will cause knock. I know from experience & from the direction of others here.:) Just do exactly what you're doing now & watch the knock retard. The recommended 43psi is just an estimated pressure. Sometimes a little tweaking is necessary from car to car. Tuning for zero knock is what we're all trying to do, although it's not unusual to get a little (1-3) at times. You're on the right track bud. HTH:)

cool ...yes i find it more of a problem on the hotair for it to pick up knock from being rich ...on my i/c motor it dont seem to be as picky.

see what he has to say about i then let us know.

btw: im running pte chips in my i/c stuff now and they work great.