PTS Transmission Over flow bottle hose

XMAN

Does anyone know where the hose that attaches to the pts overflow bottle connects to the pts transmission? The overflow bottle was installed with transmission and is located under driver side frame rail. Hose is torn from transmission please advise on connection.

the only place it could go is to the vent on the top of the bellhousing.why an overflow,i think that is insane.i could see routing the vent lower than the exhaust system to remove the change of the oil catching fire on the exhaust.what is your reasoning for this bruce?

Well...

chris718 said:
the only place it could go is to the vent on the top of the bellhousing.why an overflow,i think that is insane.i could see routing the vent lower than the exhaust system to remove the change of the oil catching fire on the exhaust.what is your reasoning for this bruce?

Going back awhile, we first installed them with stock pans so guys could run a tad overfull and if it vented upon filling or hot after a pass, tranny fluid would not get on floor or most important, under the tires after a hard run.
NHRA even called after seeing one on a car and thought it a GREAT idea.

Then came the PTS XTREME Trademarked Aluminum pans with the trademarked "Bottom Feeder Kit". Now, they are just used to catch any fluid upon fill up if the trans should "burb" which they are so notorious for.

And.... "YES" to the original question.. It attaches to the vent tube on the top of the trans.

No matter what trans you have or who built it, The overflow bottle system is a good idea for 3 reasons. The 2 mentioned above, and if the trans should ever get hot due to us beating on the converter hard then a hard run, ( and we all know NONE OF US DO THAT :wink: ) and it does belch a bit out out of the vent, it will not get on exhaust and catch fire, or mess up the bottom of your car or at the worst, oil the tires and cause you to lose your ride and possibly your life. Just a little fluid makes a huge mess to clean up not to metion the wife on your butt for the stains in the driveway :rolleyes: .

So....Did I do good , Chris?
LOL
I am insane anyway, so just par for the course.. Sometimes, you kill me man. :biggrin:

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com

you are crazy,on the computer at 5.59 am on a sunday morning.if i was up id be trying to wake up my wife ,and not for coffee :biggrin:

Thanks for the replies, but still need assisstance

Ok, now that I know where the line needs to attach, can I access the fitting with transmission in car? I have car on jack stands but I can not see fitting on transmission to attach hose.
Please Advise

Lol

chris718 said:
you are crazy,on the computer at 5.59 am on a sunday morning.if i was up id be trying to wake up my wife ,and not for coffee :biggrin:

I must correct you. It was 2:59 in the am here. I could not sleep so I was on surfing for stuff for the farm to get winter ready from lowes and home depot.
LOL
Yea, like I said, I am insane..

XMAN:
As far as the "fitting" you are looking for to install to, It is a tiny little plastic yellow tube that sticks out of the top of the trans right about where the firewall tapers down into the tunnel.
On your back, in the car, it is a bitch!
You may have to drop the trans mount and/or crossmember to access. remember to grease or oil the tube or the hose for easy slide on application.

That's all folks..........

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsxtreme.com

Bruce get a dig camera will ya :eek: :p a picture is worth a 1000 words :cool:

Attachments

• trans.JPG
    trans.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 200
Thanks for the photo and replies

Guys, Thank you all for the help, Grumpy that photo is right on time. Hopefully tommorrow I can re-install hose and bottle. BTW would anyone know what size hose I need?

Grumpy....

Grumpy said:
Bruce get a dig camera will ya :eek: :p a picture is worth a 1000 words :cool:

Grumpy, I think it would be very very nice of you to purchase one for me for Xmas! :biggrin: ROFL That way I get the camera YOU think I should have .LOL

For $120.00 an hour, I will take as many pics as you want and host them also. ROFL. :wink:

On a serious note, First.....Thank you for inserting a pic for the gentleman to view.
Remember, I posted that at 2:39 am in the morning so the pic thing was out. I wasn't taking a pic at 3 am as I could barely type at that time LOL
Anyway, thanks for stepping up and providing the pic.
Second.... 5/32 hose is what you are looking for XMAN.

This is ONE of the reasons TB.com is the best site on the web for our trans support. We all seem to work together to help out each other. THAT is the way it SHOULD work!

Sometime when you get a minute, give me a call. I hear you help out Russ Merritt from time to time and I think that is great!!! Thank you.
If you need anything, feel free to call even if it is just to "harrass" me. ROFLMAO!
I would very much enjoy the conversation.

Thanks again
Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com

my burping badass 2004r in my chevelle

ok so i read the previous posts and i'm now aware that a built 2004r is maybe gonna burb some fluid out the vent tube.....right?
so i just put in my 2004r in my chevelle and it's been burping from day one.
Ok, so I may have overfilled it. So i drain some fluid. California Art Carr built it by the way.....the most potent version. ok so heres how my dipstick is reading.......when cold, not even started yet, it reads way past the cross hatch. when hot,......177 degrees. it is reading just below the cross hatch. and i think it still burped a little fluid and that hot temp. i put my foot in it a little to see what it would do......after all when i make a 1/4 mi run i don't want any burping fluid going on down the track. so this last run didn't seem to burp as much but i'm concerned about the dipstick reading.
is the hot crosshatch area only going to show a reading when it's closs to 200 degrees?..... i'm stumped. I need this thing to stop spitin fluid from the vent, but i also don't know where the correct dip reading should be. I don't want to
run it low on fluid. i need some input:eek: :eek: :eek:

ive heard all the claims and ive never seen ,even in the hardest working 2004r applications oil spitting out the vent under a load unless the trans is overfull ,overheating,or is malfunctioning .period.start the car and warm it up.loosen all the pan bolts until the oil just starts to drip.when it stops and is level with the gasket and pan rail retighten and make a new mark on the stick at that level.

is this also valid for a THM400

Is this procedure also valid for a THM400? Have an issue with a trans burping fluid. Have a line attached to the vent tube with a catch cat in the drivers side frame rail. Trans has a deep pan, BTE manual valve body, etc. So assume we get it warm, turn it off and loosen the pan until it stops dripping? Thanks for any suggestions.

pan bolts?

just want to clarify....when you said to start the car and warm it up.....and then loosen the pan bolts to let the fluid drip,......is the car running while i'm doing this? or do you just warm the car and trans up then kill it,.....and loosen the bolts?
not sure which one.