You can type here any text you want

pulls when braking

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

datant69

my car recently started doing this when i apply the brakes. it's not a real hard pull but enough that if you let go of the steering wheel you'll be off the road. i haven't had a front end alignment since i got the car but there isn't the normal wear and tear on the tires when your alignments off. i haven't pulled the tire yet to check the brake pads incase the cailper is needing to be replaced. thought maybe the ball joint but there aren't alot of ways to check that other then pulling it unless you can get under it real good and check out the boot. just wanted to know some ideas as i'm going to check this out pretty soon as this bothers me when i drive it.

If it only does it while braking then it's a brake problem.

Sounds like a seized caliper. Check the one opposite of the way it's pulling.

thanks

i knew you guys would give me some ideas other then what i would suspect. didn't consider the brake hoses. how can you tell they are bad other then leaking and also a siezed cailper? guess if you try and change the front brakes and cannot push in the caliper with a C clamp then it's siezed? just want to know so when i start to hunt down for the culprit i'll have enough info to solve the issue with the pulling.

If you slowly apply brakes and does not pull, but when suddenly apply it does, then it is usually hoses. I would do both front hoses.

thanks

If you slowly apply brakes and does not pull, but when suddenly apply it does, then it is usually hoses. I would do both front hoses.

i didn't know that, guess you learn something new everyday. i'll check it out next time i take her out. appreciate the info.

If the brakes check out, it could be the upper control arm Bushings, specifically the one that gets cooked under the downpipe.

I would say seized caliper or a brake line. But with the brake line I would think it would pull all the time if its not releasing the pressure from the caliper. Check the pads, they will tell you the problem.

pulling the brake pads

I would say seized caliper or a brake line. But with the brake line I would think it would pull all the time if its not releasing the pressure from the caliper. Check the pads, they will tell you the problem.[/QUOm

my intention was to pull the front wheels off and check both cailpers for leaks and check the hoses as i was there. i'll update you guys on this next week when i pull the wheels off and give you guys an idea of what it may be. i may replace the brake lines as i'm sure they are factory. just wanted to know if anyone could give me pointers on some reasonable ones since i'm considering replacing them anyway since i'll be there. also do i have to bleed the brakes all the way around if i change them. it's been awhile since i've had to bleed any breaks. also some decent brands to go with on the brake lines. not looking for top of the line something good with a history of being dependable.

If you replace the lines, or caliper you need to bleed the system. If its just the pads you dont. Personally I would get some braided lines for the front JMO.

If you replace the lines, or caliper you need to bleed the system. If its just the pads you dont. Personally I would get some braided lines for the front JMO.

Got to agree with you DD. Sorry datant, I was in Fort Worh yesterday and could've come over to help you check it out if I'd known you were having problems.:eek::biggrin:

Back