You can type here any text you want

Pump gas no alky times? Need a 12.9x

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEARING

Before it get's said 1000x I already know RACE GAS, RACE GAS, RACE GAS.

Now that that's out of the way. I have a sort of "friendly" grudge race with a former coworkers G8GT. It may run 12.9x at BEST with his mods. I'm a man of my word so I won't be running race gas or octane booster. "that's cheating":rolleyes: Straight 93 only.

Mods are fairly limited :dutt neck,hooker catback/test pipe, billet regulator, walboro 340 with hot wire, RJC power plate and boost regulator, and adjustable WG. I will be putting on a TH downpipe and a tach before the run.

Motor is fairly fresh with about 7k miles and had a comp 208/208 cam and springs installed when the previous owner had it rebuilt.

I have some Hoosier 275/15/15 dr's left over from my GTO. I know a 28" tire would proably be better.

I'm seeing about 2-2.5 KR/.800 on the scanmaster at 17 psi by the autometer gauge. Running a Postons thumb wheel chip on#3. I have a TT street chip but the car doesn't seem to like it. Didn't before the power plate, not sure now.

I'm going to take the car to the track early next week to play with the fuel pressure and see how hard I can launch on the dr's. I'll have a good idea where I stand then.

I can brake boost easy 6lbs in the driveway and 13+ on the e brake. Regular street tires with 35psi in them:biggrin:. Thinking I may need an airbag for the track.

Can't think of any other cheap mods right now. Besides C16:tongue:

12.9x?

take the spare out, roll the windows up.

Seriously, with your combo you might have left 12.9x behind a while ago without knowing it.

Good tires, up the fuel a little - get an alky kit. He won't know what hit him.

.800 fatten it up a bit.

Will this race be at the track or "somewhere else"? That is where you need to do your launch testing with the drag radials on. Now go get 3 50lb bags of playsand and put 2 on the far right and one in the center of the trunk. That should help you hook up better. If your not on the track...VHT Trackbite for your burnout. No water, dont share, its a grudge race not Thanksgiving. See if you can tune out the KR but keep the 02's at 790-800. The G8 has a poor launch, so jump him and good and he should not be able to come back around you.:wink:

Will this race be at the track or "somewhere else"? That is where you need to do your launch testing with the drag radials on. Now go get 3 50lb bags of playsand and put 2 on the far right and one in the center of the trunk. That should help you hook up better. If your not on the track...VHT Trackbite for your burnout. No water, dont share, its a grudge race not Thanksgiving. See if you can tune out the KR but keep the 02's at 790-800. The G8 has a poor launch, so jump him and good and he should not be able to come back around you.:wink:

It's going to be at a track. I'm getting too old to go to jail for street racing.:eek:

The race will be over by the 60ft mark if the Hoosiers bite at all. I think he has been reading the kill section on the G8 boards a bit too much.:D

If he knows what to look for, he can tune in a good "traction control" tune on that PCM...Maybe, he won't be as "late" as you think...

Not too worried.

I was bored today and took the T and later my G8GT for a quick spin and it's not close even on pump gas from a 50-100 roll. Buick feels MUCH stronger. Won't even discuss from a dig.

I've played with the tune on my G8 a bit but nothing serious. Mainly raised the rev limmiter, raised the shift points and removed some TM. It's proably a 13.6x-13.5x car now in the cooler air.

The weather is looking good for Wednesday to bolt on the Hoosiers and get some tuning done, mid to low 50's. I'm curious to see how well they work on the Buick, they worked great on the GTO.

Need to get the Tac hooked up and see where she is shifting at. May hook up a lock up switch for 3rd. Wonder if that is cheating?:tongue:

What do you know about his car?

Tune and an axle back exh. It's loud, louder than my GTO. Not what I would want in a 4 door family car but to each his own.

He's never ran a car at a track before.

I'll put up what my car does after the test and tune Wed. Good or bad.

Don't I see a low 10 sec timeslip in your sig? why are you asking anyone about any of this?

Hmmm.........

It lead me to believe he may have purchased the cars built already.:confused:

The GN ran 11.50's when I bought it 7 years ago. It's been off the road and in pieces for 6 years now. So it was sorta built I guess. Shame on me. Until I got the 86-T last month I haven't touched a Buick in 6 years. This new car had a few bugs in it I've had to work out/ working on. I think it's why the previous owner let it go after spending a good amount of money on it.

GTO was stone stock as I bought it new and the only time ever had a shop hand touch it was for the tune by Jeff at CAMS 4 years ago. Since then I've tuned it myself. 11.4x cam only being my daily driver is not too shabby IMO. Faster than 99.9% of the other Cam only GTO's out there.

I went back and looked at my post and I don't see anything strange. Just looking to see what some others have done with a basically stock car on 93 only. Not too many people do that, or want too. For a good reason.

So did your GN go in the 10's while you owned it or was that the previous owners personal best? I'm confused now too.:confused:
That is fast for a Cam only GTO! Did you port the stock heads or change the intake?

So did your GN go in the 10's while you owned it or was that the previous owners personal best? I'm confused now too.:confused:
That is fast for a Cam only GTO! Did you port the stock heads or change the intake?

LOL. I can see why that may be a little WTF:confused:. Yes it went 10's and I still own it. It's been down for a while... er long while. Added some stuff, lot of stuff after I got it and had someone else tune the FAST.

Heads are untouched on the GTO. Had an unported fast 90 on it. Pretty much everything but heads and TB. I could never to get it to really hook out of the hole, even tried a softer hitting converter. I'm almost done putting it back to stock. Putting a car back to stock is not near as fun as modding one. In fact it sucks.

Back