Pump replacement for reds double pumper

434nova

I am looking to switch over to e85. I am now running a reds double pumper setup which I believe are modified walboro 255 pumps. I have been told that these pumps are not compatible with e85 but been told by some they are. Instead of risking it i was thinking of swapping the pumps. Does anyone know If the dw301pumps would be a direct swap for reds pumps or will I need to modify the hanger for the dw pumps? Thanks

I'm gonna run 160lb injectors. I'm also gonna run #8 feed and # 6 return. I'm just concerned on the fuel pumps.

I have been told that two pumps will be enough. You will have to run them both all the time. The problem will be the hoses on the pumps will get eaten up by E85. You have the right size lines in mind but you may need to modify the fuel rail for the correct fittings.

Why the 160s?

120s are enough for that turbo. Or is it bigger?

I'm stepping up to either a 6766 or gonna go to a 6870. Figure I buy injectors once.

Call Nick Micale at Arizona GN.

He's done a ton of E85 (now 54 in AZ) conversions and knows what the pump set up should be. I think he even offers one.

Because two 255 lph pumps will need to be ran all the time to handle the volume required to feed a 700 hp turbo. You now need 40% more fuel by volume.
I run twin Red's pumps which are not 255 liter pumps. We don't need the volume of two pumps at an idle. If we run both pumps all the time,we force ourselves to replace the return line with a larger line to accommodate the extra fuel that is not used and needs to be returned to the tank at an idle. My second pump turns on at 5 lbs of boost when the return line is not overwhelmed. I use E85. Many people use two pumps in this same fashion. I've found that I need 30% more fuel from idle to full throttle. I use stock feed and return lines to feed my 700 hp engine E85. A -6 AN feed line is a lot less restrictive than the stock feed line and would be a big step up,yet I see people using -8,-10,and -12. What a waste of money.

I run twin Red's pumps which are not 255 liter pumps. We don't need the volume of two pumps at an idle. If we run both pumps all the time,we force ourselves to replace the return line with a larger line to accommodate the extra fuel that is not used and needs to be returned to the tank at an idle. My second pump turns on at 5 lbs of boost when the return line is not overwhelmed. I use E85. Many people use two pumps in this same fashion. I've found that I need 30% more fuel from idle to full throttle. I use stock feed and return lines to feed my 700 hp engine E85. A -6 AN feed line is a lot less restrictive than the stock feed line and would be a big step up,yet I see people using -8,-10,and -12. What a waste of money.

Did you have to replace the lines coming off the pumps in the tank?

Did you have to replace the lines coming off the pumps in the tank?
They are original as well. I did adapt an aftermarket filter,that supports more flow,onto the feed line and i drilled the three remaining Saginaw fittings to a larger diameter which is still a smaller diameter than the rest of the feed line.

Because two 255 lph pumps will need to be ran all the time to handle the volume required to feed a 700 hp turbo. You now need 40% more fuel by volume.

Not true .. i run staged pumps .. 40% is just a number you read on the net

X2 .. this