Pump size?

mommasGN

Whats the minimum required or recommended fuel pump size to run e85? Turbotweak only states Minimum injector size.(50#). I have a racetronix 255 pump and 60# injectors.

mommasGN, I had asked the same question about two weeks ago and from what I gathered members recommend to run either a DW300 or Walbro 450 fuel pump and minimum injector size should be 80's.

Both depend on the amount of horsepower you are going to make.

MommasGN based on your signature running a TA 49 I would go with 120 pph injectors, there is no in between from 80s which I dont think would be enough and those.

If you are running a stock replacement pump in the 255 lph range, I would recommend going to a DW 300. If you don't have it absolutely recommend the hot wire kit. You can get away with stock fuel lines with the TA 49 but if you want more hp, a fuel line upgrade will be needed.

I would shoot for more than "minimum" with fueling. Last thing you want is to spend money twice if you find it's undersized or worse spend big to rebuild an engine.

I have a racetronix 255 pump and 60# injectors.
you dont have enough pump injectors would be fine with a 49 depending on afr targets and boost.with enough pump volts and pressure the 60lb inj really come alive.

you dont have enough pump injectors would be fine with a 49 depending on afr targets and boost.with enough pump volts and pressure the 60lb inj really come alive.
So what fuel pump would you recommend he get? Thanks

Whats the minimum required or recommended fuel pump size to run e85? Turbotweak only states Minimum injector size.(50#). I have a racetronix 255 pump and 60# injectors.
If you buy one of the single large pumps it will force you to replace your fuel return line. If you call Dave at Turbo Buick Performance and purchase a Red Armstrong double fuel pump set-up,you'll be good from where you are now to much more power in the future. Some will tell you that you will also need to replace the fuel feed line. This is highly unlikely.

If you're sticking with those injectors and turbo throw a Walbro 450 in it and be done. Swap the return and vent lines while you have the tank down. A higher base fuel pressure will make those 60's act like a bigger injector.

For the setup you have a DW300 will get you in the 10's OVER and OVER and OVER again ..
I highly doubt you can Run a DW300 out .. most guys can't ... they just install HUGE pumps to be COOL

I personally recommend anyone looking to buy injectors and a pump to go with 80s and a 450 . And of course the matching chip to run them . This way you buy them once and you are good for awhile instead of being like me and going from stock to 42,60,80,120s, to finally 160s . You will still be able to idle and drive fine on the street but will have that section covered from future upgrades. It is also recommended u get a adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a -8 return line . If you can’t afford them then just save up till u can afford to upgrade. I’m telling you it will save you money in the long run if u upgrade once and right instead of a year down the road buying another set of injectors and another pump . This is just my opinion that doesn’t mean much so take it or leave it just keep on spoolin ether way bud .