Pump Tube Kit

Anyone have the Pump Tube Kit for the Vigilante Multidisk for sale? And if so what would be the chance that I could get it shipped and recieve it by Thursday or Friday of this week?

Anyone have the Pump Tube Kit for the Vigilante Multidisk for sale? And if so what would be the chance that I could get it shipped and recieve it by Thursday or Friday of this week?
You don't want to use that setup. Your pump will wine from cavitation and the lockup is too violent. For these reasons I went back to the stock setup. It locks very firmly.

You don't want to use that setup. Your pump will wine from cavitation and the lockup is too violent. For these reasons I went back to the stock setup. It locks very firmly.

How come mine doesn't wine?

How come mine doesn't wine?

Maybe the fluid hasn't fermented long enough? :)

In searching the boards, I get mixed opinions on the tube. This is the first time I heard about whine though. I have a little pump whine anyway, but I'm not sure if I have the tube installed (will be checking as soon as I find a front pump tool to borrow). I've also been told that the tube really assists in the unlock and can cause the trans to puke fluid out the vent tube.

On the other hand, if you're having lock up problems with your Vigilante (which I am) the first thing Jack will ask you is "is the tube installed? Checkball removed from the input shaft?". I haven't diagnosed my problem as being the trans or the converter yet, but take it from me - you will get no sympathy from Precision if you have trouble and have not followed their instructions (install tube, yank check ball).

Jim

I think that I am confused, what is the pump kit suppose to do? I thought that it softened how hard the converter locked up, or at least I was hoping that was what it did.
I am also having trouble with my converter, no longer stalling as high as it use to, could the pump kit help with this problem?

Thanks guys

Maybe the fluid hasn't fermented long enough? :)

In searching the boards, I get mixed opinions on the tube. This is the first time I heard about whine though. I have a little pump whine anyway, but I'm not sure if I have the tube installed (will be checking as soon as I find a front pump tool to borrow). I've also been told that the tube really assists in the unlock and can cause the trans to puke fluid out the vent tube.

On the other hand, if you're having lock up problems with your Vigilante (which I am) the first thing Jack will ask you is "is the tube installed? Checkball removed from the input shaft?". I haven't diagnosed my problem as being the trans or the converter yet, but take it from me - you will get no sympathy from Precision if you have trouble and have not followed their instructions (install tube, yank check ball).

Jim
The tube is there to assist lockup. Mine also wines a little.It's the converter in my case. It goes away when I use my other converter. Between the wine,the rattle,and the stalling when I put it in gear for the first time on any given day,it's enough to make a guy angry. Precision doesn't advertise those features on there web site. You find out after you give them $1,000.00.The only person I've called with a problem about there product and was told " Oh,my product must be defective " was Julio at Alky Control. I don't,however,think most lockup issuse are caused by the converter. I can't give up my 5 disk because I think the multi disk is the only way to go if you're going to lock under full throttle.