You can type here any text you want

purchased gnx vent kit...confused

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
I have searched but it seems all links were taken down. I just purchased a nent kit...i do not have louvers yet, but I have no template or instructions. Who has done this, and can send me some info...im confused

when you look at the car it should be obvious
on passenger side youll need to remove the relay bracket and cut off and discard the end for the esc sensor (use the gnx esc sensor bracket and mount esc on ac box)
now you can see where the inner collar goes .. the the inner collars can only go in one spot on the inner fender , turn them around and mark the inside opening and the screw holes and cut a little larger
on driver side just remove the relays on fender , mark and cut the opening

due tothe tightness i used a plasma to make the opening , the collar has a lot of coverage so no worries cutting with plasma

the vents duct can go in from the cut you make for the outside vents
you arent going to find original gnx vents so youll have to work with what you can get and thats the kirban vents
get the vents they come with cutout instructions, for the outside cutouts drill the corners and i used a grinder with a thin disc , tape off the fender as it will throw sparks
once cut out if you cut enough you can push the ducts in and screw through the collars into the ducts , then glue the vents onto the fender

Attachments

• GNX fender vent Kit templates_large.jpg
    GNX fender vent Kit templates_large.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 240
  • GNX service manual supplement_large.jpg
    GNX service manual supplement_large.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
I have full sized copies of the templates. give me an address and i’ll send them to you free.

D

I fabricated some relay mounts and inner fender vents for this quite long time ago.

Just needed these instructions just to place the brackets in their corresponding places.

I already have the fender vents glued and they fall, got unglued, etc..
I used 3m double sided, automotive tape and problem solved.

Back