Pure One Oil Filter Still Avail. for Biggie Filter?

Terbro

Has Member
Pepboys gives me indication that the Purolater Pure One oil filter, great for the biggie filter, is no longer available. Is this true, did they stop making it? Or can I find it somewhere else. I've been using the regular Purolator filter (L20033) in the meantime.

TIA,
Terry

It was rumored that Purolator was dropping the expensive line just a AC did the UPF series. Might be time to stock up if you like them.

I have noticed in the Purolator cross reference book where you look up to find the part # for your car that the 20033 Pure One filter has a note reference next to the Pure One number and when you look at the footnote's for that note reference, it says that that filter has been discontinued...Not all the PureOne filters have that reference, so it seems to me that they are discontinuing certain applications...

Just about everytime I go into Advance Auto, I grab both filters that are usually on the shelf and buy them, whether I need them at that time or not...I think I get them for around $5-$5.50/filter...They never have more than 2 in stock...

I talked to a Purolator Rep few months ago and he said the Pure One PL20033 Biggie filter was in fact discontinued...don't remember if he said this affected all Pure One's...once the supply dries up that's it....same scenario for the AC Ultraguards...like Steve said if you can find them stock up now...by the way you can still get AC Ultraguards through the GM dealer...there's still some out there...I bought 3 cases(18 filters) of the UPF24's from a discount dealer for $10 per filter...not cheap but Mobil 1 filters are $11 and the ones I tried the anti-drainback sucked...

AC Ultraguard UPF24

So...the bummer about the PureOne, is that my intra-isle filter blowing tests yielded data showing it to be the best filter, no leakiness wise. The Purolator (Premium?) L20033 fortunately also passed the blow test.

But so how does the AC Ultraguard UPF24 fair? I'd love to get some additional input on what the new leading contender is. Sounds like the UPF24 is also on it's way out?

TIA,
Terry

In my opinion the Ultraguard UPF24 is as good as the Pure One
PL20033 but I went with the Ultraguard because I tried 2 Pure Ones and they leaked at the seal...never had an Ultraguard leak...Yep UPF24 was discontinued last year I believe...have no idea what to use now...that's why I stocked up on Ultraguards

What about the Wix?

In calling around for any old stock PL20033's, Performance Warehouse tells me that Wix makes a filter for the same application (cross ref'd as: Wix part # 51258)

Does anyone have any experience with this filter? Opinions?