You can type here any text you want

Pushrod Dia - 3/8" - Will it work?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Anyone ever install 3/8 dia pushrods on a 109 - iron heads - stock rockers?
If you did, was anything special required to make them fit?

With a 1.55 rocker you might be ok but it could get tight on the head. anything more on the rocker will likely rub. That lobe is pretty friendly, the spring is good, and the retainer is light I do not see much if any gain switching from the 5/16
Mike

With a 1.55 rocker you might be ok but it could get tight on the head. anything more on the rocker will likely rub. That lobe is pretty friendly, the spring is good, and the retainer is light I do not see much if any gain switching from the 5/16
Mike

Mike,
Going to adjustables to set all the preloads at the Spec +-0.003 :eek:
Too much variation for me otherwise. ;)

3/8 adjustable will be very tight. I used to be that crazy but not any more. :)
Mike

Kenne-Bell used to sell a stronger 3/8" rod with a 5/16" head-im using a set on my iron headed 6109 block now.

Kenne-Bell used to sell a stronger 3/8" rod with a 5/16" head-im using a set on my iron headed 6109 block now.

What rockers are you using?
Please let us know if you run into clearance issues.

Edit;
Going with 5/16"

I did it on a 109 with stock/ported heads. I had to do some grinding on most of the holes.

I used some cardboard packaging - I think from a strike anywhere box of matches, to roll around the PR as a guage.

Back