Putting roller cam in right now! Few questions.

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Is there a certain way to put chain gear on? I dont want to get this wrong.

Dots should line up but the crank dot should be 25* toward the right?

Thanks

I just set my dots up so they are perfectly aligned. I didnt wanna screw with that advance or retard stuff. to much for me to get inot. I did it the easy way just line em up

Do you have roller rockers? I dont and my push rods are 8.200 .080

I bolted the rocker shaft down and the push rods seem a little tight. What push rods do you have if you can remember.

Thanks

I dont have roller rockers. Dont see a need for them cause my build isnt radical enough ya know. The pushrods I used came with the Revolution X kit from full throttle speed. They fit perfrect and they are 8.225's but i also have the 210-215 cam in mine which is bigger than stock so i dunno if that will have different length rods or not.I wouldnt think that it would for the fact that if you use the same size rods you would get more lift and duration which is what the bigger cam does. I am not sure tho. HTH
-Andrew

Roller cam or flat tappet- install dot to dot.

The 25° ATDC is used when installing the cam sensor.

I am at TDC with the cam and chain installed. cam dot is at 6 and crank is at 12. I also have a roller cam button ,push rod gauge, and gasket kit on the way from full throttle.

Anything else I should be aware of?

You guys have been wonderful

Get some extra front cover gaskets- you're gonna need them because you need to set the end play on the cam, and the front cover must be installed and torqued correctly. Take your time and do it right the first time.

Your chain is a double roller, correct? No tensioner, right?

To set the cam sensor; read here:

http://gnttype.org/techarea/ecmsensors/camsensor2.html

Works like a charm!

I got the cam button set correctly. I installed the front cover and gasket dry and than set up a dial indicator on the cam and tried several combos on the button untill i got it right. i ended up shimming something like twenty five thousandths and got it to be about 9 thousands play in the cam and the company i bought from reccommened close to ten so i am good there. thanks for the info on setting up the cam sensor
-Andrew

Do you have roller rockers? I dont and my push rods are 8.200 .080

I bolted the rocker shaft down and the push rods seem a little tight. What push rods do you have if you can remember.

Thanks
Shoot for around .030 inch preload on the plungers.

I dont have roller rockers. Dont see a need for them cause my build isnt radical enough ya know. The pushrods I used came with the Revolution X kit from full throttle speed. They fit perfrect and they are 8.225's but i also have the 210-215 cam in mine which is bigger than stock so i dunno if that will have different length rods or not.I wouldnt think that it would for the fact that if you use the same size rods you would get more lift and duration which is what the bigger cam does. I am not sure tho. HTH
-Andrew

The pushrod length needs to be verified and corrected if there is more than about .040 inch preload. The lift and duration of the cam has little to do with the pushrod length. It depends on the base circle of the cam. Always verify preload is with in range. .020-.040 is good.

I got the cam button set correctly. I installed the front cover and gasket dry and than set up a dial indicator on the cam and tried several combos on the button untill i got it right. i ended up shimming something like twenty five thousandths and got it to be about 9 thousands play in the cam and the company i bought from reccommened close to ten so i am good there. thanks for the info on setting up the cam sensor
-Andrew

Make sure that you have the water pump installed and torqued (the long bolts that go thru the cover) when you set your cam thrust. You will not have any thrust clearance if you don't do this.

John