Putting together a small sound system.

Putting together a small sound system.

My head unit has only one out put it can be set as a sub out or rear out.
I have two amps one for my rear 6x9s and one for my 10” sub.

So I put a Y to split the one line out from the radio to feed the two amps.
The problem is that I am feeding the sub highs and lows and the same to the 6x9’s

Do I go with???
Bass blockers and high blockers at each speaker – the draw back is that I would be wasting energy amplifying the frequency to then block it at the speaker.
Electronic Cross over- I have gone to a few places and I keep being told that that is “old school” and “out dated tech”
EQ with 2 or more out puts.
Sound processors = big $$$$$$$$
Not looking to entertain the whole block I am looking for a good quality sound at a budget.

i currently have two-3.5 inch dash speakers two 6x9 in the rear deck and one 10" sub.
I want to add door speakers and tiny tweeters on the A-pillar, what do you recommend for these locations? compact, light weight and good sound.

What amps are you using? Alot of amps will have a built in crossover...

What amps are you using? Alot of amps will have a built in crossover...

two dinosaurs
one Sherwood 240 (silver one) and a no name hand me down.
they have cross overs but the cut too low and still feed enough lows to distort (prap prap) the 3.5s and the 6X9s. It doesn't help that i have the bass cranked all the way up on the head unit.

Well the cheapest way is just use some bass blockers... Old school but does work....

I would turn the bass down at the headunit and turn up the gain more of the subs for the bass then...

I would turn the bass down at the headunit and turn up the gain more of the subs for the bass then...

X2

You want full range out of the 6x9's. Ideally you would run a more flat signal from the head unit. Let the sub worry about the bass. If your amp can't cross the signal the way you want it, get a bass crossover.

By running the 6x9's more flat they will take more power before they start to distort, you can push them allot further that way.

HTH

I'm adding the concert sound pods to my car which is a 5 1/4 in the door and then a tweeter in the stock dash location. Before wasting money on an external crossover it's just as cheap and easy to buy a new headunit with RCA front,rear,and subwoofer outputs. That way the headunit has High Pass outputs for the front and rears to keep the bass out of them, and a Low Pass crossover for the subwoofer since subs sound like garbage if you play anything above 120hz through them. Rear speakers are supposed to provide fill once you get a good front stage setup. The rear window tends to make them sound harsh, so stay away from 4 way crap. Your best best is a nice coaxial 2way.