You can type here any text you want

PVC Removal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joejakegrace

Holy &%^$ - is the pvc wedged in there or what?

What's the bare minimum that's got to come out of the way to get that sucker? Bought a replacement but can't tell how much I REALLY have to remove to get to it....and - Others I've replaced have a threaded fitting - the replacement isn't - how's it held in??

Anyone recent?? I think mine might be a little sticky as I get a little oil blow by.

Thanks.

Mine just pulled right out, no threads or anything... Try twisting it slowly side to side to break the seal

Same here, I just replaced mine without removing anything to get to it. Like macatone said, try twisting it left and right a few times. Its not treaded.
Also, hope you bought an AC Delco, I remember reading that off brands are problems.
Can you PM me your email address to

duhhhh...I'm officially an idiot or just in need of a vacation.

Take a look at the service manual though....It shows the PCV on the DRIVER SIDE of the block...So, after a hellacious week, I go out and look for it and...zip///nada///nothing except the injectors, etc. so I figure it's hidden.

Then I see your comments and say to self..."self, something's not right" - sure as heck, there it is on passenger side - in/out in 20 seconds.

But what was the author of the service manual smoking??

Driver's side VC emission tube

Guys, I replaced my PCV last night.

Also, wondering where to get parts for the drivers side valve cover emisions tube (the breather that is) that goes to the Turbo Inlet and how to cap that one by the Turbo Inlet.

Back