You can type here any text you want

pwr logger problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8AV8

Banned
I followed the instructions and everything worked great until #5 on the software insatllation. It says connect the usb to the computer and turn the ignition on. Wait for powerlogger to be detected by windows.

Well, at this point nothing happens . No driver installlation procedure presents itself.:confused:

thanks,chris

So you copied the software to the PC, correct.

Now connect the PL to your USB port, turn ignition on (don't start) then on your PC go to control panel, system, device manager, and expand the com ports and see which one shows 'PL' in the title desc., then note the com #. Open the PL software, go into the config.......tab (F3) and change to the same com #. My crazy HP uses com 7.

Do a search, this topic has been beat to death....but I know how you feel. You may find the info easier to locate on full throttles support pages...to do the same as I mentioned, but perhaps in better PC speak.

You'll be up and floggin loggin in less than 2 min.

Goodluck and enjoy. Great product and support.

great help. i had this problem as well i couldnt figure it out for the life of me but finally got it to work after a few trys. stupid computers

I was on full throttle tech and gave Bob the details and he said it sounded like a windows problem to call Mike or Jayson tomorrow. I've been getting brain damage for two days and now there might be a glitch with my friggin computer ?,

I feel "challenged":confused: :mad: I've got brain damage from this 7 year old computer.

I was on full throttle tech and gave Bob the details and he said it sounded like a windows problem to call Mike or Jayson tomorrow. I've been getting brain damage for two days and now there might be a glitch with my friggin computer ?,

I feel "challenged":confused: :mad: I've got brain damage from this 7 year old computer.

Does your computer meet the specs required to run the power logger? A few people have had this problem. Once you get the proper com port everything should get up and running for you.
Let us know the status and we will try to walk you through the process. It is a great tool you just have to iron on the details in the initial setup.

Whens the last time you used the usb port?

Mabye the usb is not getting a good conection. Check the port for dust balls.
Make sure it getting a good contact.

same problem solved

i had the same problem a few days ago when i installed mine. what i did was uninstall the program and reeinstall it from step 1. what was happening was the system is supposed to install 2 times and I was only getting 1, i also had to change the com port on the options screen to match the signal the puter was sending to the program. id suggest looking in the device menu to make sure the port matches the 1 your using in the program and if that fails uninstall and re install the program. worked for me and the system worked fine right after. good luck if your problem persists you can also put a message on the full throttle chat site for more info that is if the guys here cant help out ,which is highly doubtfull...

Back