You can type here any text you want

Quad Cities? (anybody)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
(Rock Island,Moline,Davenport,bettendorf.)I was wondering how many turbo buick powered cars live by me. I dont see very many and basicly want to participate in any events. I am very new to these cars and i am learning alot! It seems to me , knowing other people with these cars helps greatly. thanks for letting me know!!

thanks,
Bo

In Silvis

Howdy.
Yes there are a few turbo Buicks in town.
I have a white 86 Ttype that I drive around town. Maybe you've seen me. I know a guy that has 3 over in Davenport. He lurks around here. Then there are a couple other stragglers driving around that I don't know who they are.

Yep... there are a few of us around. I have three and live in Davenport, as Tim said... know a guy in Bett. (DKREDT) who has a maroon T, a guy in Clinton who has a maroon T, a buddy in Kewanee who has a couple, a guy in R.I. (pothacary) with a GN and a GS, and a couple of others that I've talked to on here, but not yet met. Not a lot, but... better than none!

Been threatening to start the QC Turbo Regal Club, but was afraid it would just lead to drag racing and beer drinking afterwards... aw, shucks! ;) (TTAs are always welcome, BTW!)

timothydog?! As in the white T-Type that I had occasion to tinker with some years ago? I thought you fell off the planet! What's up?!

I grew up in silvis. on 10th st. by bowlsburg school. I live in coal valley now. I did see a white t-type turning on 23rd ave about a week ago or so , was that you Tim? I think i was in my TTA at the time but not for sure.Any-who,maybe we can all get together and have some fun sometime.(Cordova)

Anymore!

thanks,
Bo

Definitely, Bo! We did that here a while back and it was great to have several Turbo cars there! Stay in touch! You may want to email Chad (rad87gn@yahoo.com) and get put on the Midwest Racing List. Several of us from IA, NE, and IL on there. Kind of a nice way to stay in touch.

Jay

Jay... It's been so long man! ow have you been?
I know, I'm an ass for not keeping in touch but I've been AWOL from the Buick community for a while. 'Tis the season to start working on my baby again. I'll have her paid off in a couple months and I can start dumping more money into it.

Bo, I'm almost positive that was me. I haven't seen another White T-Type in the Cities.. I'm on 12th Avenue in Silvis now. Just down the street from Mother Hubbards. Sometimes you can see my car out in my driveway.

I will stay in touch with u guys and maybe this summer we can tear em up at the digs!( I used to race an 11 sec 84 Z28) so i am no stranger to the race sceen! However, these cars are different.

p.s. e-mail me if you guys need anything.

Thanks,
Bo

Back