You can type here any text you want

quadrajet choke

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimski

In over my head
How does the qaudrajets choke work.I know it has 12 volts supplyed to it,does it use a ground to make it heat up or just 12volts.

The choke grounds through the carb. If you have one apart make sure you don't use a gasket under the choke and you shuld be fine.

The choke grounds through the carb. If you have one apart make sure you don't use a gasket under the choke and you shuld be fine.

Ok maybe this why 3 do not work.I grounded on to the battery and put the other side to positive,the wire got hot as heck to i took it off.guess ill just ground the base of the carb so it will work.Thanks for the help

Leave it on the carb, mounted to the intake, and hook up a 10 gauge wire to the battery and see if the choke opens. That's how I check them Jim.

I made that mistake years ago. My rebuild kit came with a choke gasket. I did'nt remember if when I took mine apart it had a gasket and figured it would'nt hurt putting one on.

My choke stopped working. Took me a couple of days to figure it out but when I did I felt like a real idiot. :biggrin:

LOL Glad to know someone else has done it before. BTW, are you coming to Noble next month?

Naw...this man is a family guy. We do things as a unit. But none in my family like what I do, (hobbies). Ah well...:(

Thanks for the invite anyway. :smile:

Leave it on the carb, mounted to the intake, and hook up a 10 gauge wire to the battery and see if the choke opens. That's how I check them Jim.

My original wire has 12volts. I put a ground on the plenum in the back now it is good, thanks to all for the help:wink:

Glad to here we could help Jim. Keep coming back if you have any other issues. One of us will find a way to help, even if it's just to make you laugh at yourself.:biggrin::eek::tongue:

Back