question about 83 t-types

bobthabuilder

i was wondering with the 1983 t-type regals it came with a turbo carburated motor. i was just wondering if it came with the posi like the 84-87's did? i know it came with the 4 speed trans. but what else does the 83's have?

my 83

My 83 came with the carbed turbo engine a 2004r trans and a non posi 3.42 7.5 rearend. It is WAY lower than any stock 84-87 car I have ever seen. There used to be 2 other 83 t's in my hometown and they sat at about the same way. So I don't know for sure if they were actually supposed to be lower or if they were just old. My car has bucket seats and the other two had bench.also the better steering box and a rear sway bar. Mine also had factory air shocks for some reason, It has them listed on the window sticker. It now has all 87 stuff, sorry before black guys! I am now like a half brother or something! :rolleyes:

83 ttype

Hi,
My car, as all, came with the 195 HP carbureted, non intercooled motor.Peripherals were 200 4R trans, and your choice of 7.5 inch 10 bolt rear axles.I imagine you could even order a 3.73, but it would have been still a 7.5. I have read stuff that said only the 3 spd.200C came with it, but we know different, right? Thank god for that, anyway.
Trim was just as varied then, as what the injected and intercooled cars had later.My car has chrome cladding, a landau top, and pin stripes which I think were factory.It also has climate control and the much coveted cornering lamps. No ttops, thank you. All in all ,a good car to convert over to the ultimate Turbo buick drivetrain, which is what I did. Oh, by the way, my car was black originally, lending itself to maintaining the mystique. It's a fun car now, and I haven't felt a bit guilty about swapping components to make it yet a better car!

FYI
I just looked at an 83 T-Type Turbo..it had a 3 speed 200 in it.
Pretty cool car,had low miles on it but needs paint

83T-Type

I had an 83 I purchased here in nashville in 83. 195hp and 285tq. it was the 831/2 model, had all the options including moon roof. even had the designer paint, which to me appeared different then the other designer cars I saw. between the black and the silver-sand color, was a triple color pin stripe of black on the out side boardered bygray to the inside and a red stripe in the center. :cool: The only draw back was the rear, it wasn't the posy. :eek: and the factory paint was poor, so I was able to get it repainted. It used to alligator. I eventually traded it for a 3" exhaust system on my 86 to an unmentionable :eek: :redface: from south jersey.

All 83 Regal T-Types came with the LC8 carb-turbo,THM200-4R,3.42 gears in the 7.5" rear axle and dual mufflers(GNX style). No other powertrain deveations. Just about any options available to a Regal could be ordered. You could get the upgraded Limited interior and a vinyl roof complete with the coach lights if that was your liking. There were 3 color combinations on the 2-tone paint. And as a final note this was the first year for the tubular exhaust manifolds and the first G-body to get the THM200-4R.