question about drag racing and alky

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
Here is the problem....

When heating up the slicks, my car gets to doing its burnout and by the time I'm spinning the tires, we are spraying alky and then when the I stop the burnout the car stalls and dies because it is drunker than Grandma at Christmas dinner....

I've already tried adjusting the alky parameters, but I'd rather leave it set and not have to worry if I hit it right when I get to the line. Can I install a switch in the ground wire that would allow me to turn off the alky while doing a burnout, and then flip it on at the line? How hard would this be to do?

Tom Tom Turbo said:
Here is the problem....

When heating up the slicks, my car gets to doing its burnout and by the time I'm spinning the tires, we are spraying alky and then when the I stop the burnout the car stalls and dies because it is drunker than Grandma at Christmas dinner....
I am no expert but would think you may end up running lean even doing the burnout with the system shut off since you already pulled fuel. I would contact your alky supplier on this. (PS: Wrong forum?)

I've got an off/on swithch on mine in the ashtay, that I flip off before the burnout. I think it's in line with the ground wiring. Works great.

I just leave the alky off while doing my burnout. Just dont forget to turn it back on. If I remember correctly, Razors kit has a purple wire that you can connect a switch (like a transbrake button) that will turn the alky off while you do a burnout. I assume you could do the same with the SMC. Call SMC he was always very helpful when I was running the SMC kit.

My smc kit had a switch , on & off ?
My car would stall after a burnout if I rapidly pulled off the throttle
with or without alcohol. :eek:

can't turn the knob...its the new progressive kit, there is no off. The controller is completely different, I guess it is time for a switch on the ground wire.

are you sure its the alky? Does it act rich and stumble and die? or just die right afterwards. If it just dies out of the burnout box that is fairly normal in these cars with or without alky and can be corrected via the chip. Mine used to do it all the time but after I got a turbotweak chip i haven't had much of a problem.

I have SMC progressive and I have never had a problem doing a burn out with the alcohol on.

Razor's kit connects the purple wire to the brake on/off switch so when you mash the brake the alky is dis-armed. Contact SMC about which wire would do the same thing. When alky isnt in use I have had similar symptoms with vacuum leaks and O2 sensors.