Question about hot air chips

beotch2

Hi I have a 85 hotair and want a chip made for it. Does anyone do this for the hotairs?

Caspers makes an Ultra chip which is very limited. I made the decision last fall and dumped the 84/85 ECM. The conversion is simple once you have instructions. I can walk you through it since GNTTYPE.ORG is still down. This conversion is mandatory if you want to tune your car and develope any real horsepower. The 86/87 ECM is alot smarter when it comes to tuning your car. Brad

I already have converted to 87 ecm I just need a different chip made, the one I have now has way too much timing in it.

beotch2 said:
I already have converted to 87 ecm I just need a different chip made, the one I have now has way too much timing in it.
How much timing does it have and what are your goals?

TurboTweek!!!

I've never had any other chip, so i can't say how any other brands perform, but I will say this. When I first got my hot-air, it ran like crap... imagine an overweight 3 legged 20 year old dog with hip problems, and you just imagined something that would embarass my car in a race. I converted to the 86/87 ECM with a turbotweak chip, and the difference was night and day... mine may be an extreme case, but all I know is i am VERY VERY satisified with the chip he burned for me, and definitely reccomend him to anyone looking for a hotair chip.

Hot Air chip

Outside of the tuning flexability of the 86/87 ecm (more data parameters and quicker baud rates) there is no horsepower gain from converting over. I have ran both ecm's and had no gains. Joe Lubrant can burn you a chip for your Hot Air if you are not ready to convert. If your car is running correctly you should not have any driveabilty issues with either ecm.

not gonna dog em but

Bought my 85 with a chip that was supposed to be set up for this car :rolleyes: not really sure who buned it, just has the settings on a little sticker. Guess they don't want anyone to know who burned it. Replaced it with turbo-tweak my idle immediately improved, runs smooth as glass, couldn't be happier....

Eric at turbotweak and Julio at razors solved my problem after I installed my new chip from Turbotweak. I had bad BLM -148 and slight knock. The solution was a stock 87 MAF with one screened removed. Brad

does anyone have an email address for eric or a link to a turbotweak site
im interested in trying another chip so id like to get in contact with eric.

thanx alot