You can type here any text you want

question about stock turbo versions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

notabuick

i am building a twin turbo setup for my 5.0 mustang ..just had a few questions about GN tubos before i buy some. hope you guys dont mind me on the buick site.. does any body see any advantage to using either "hot air" or intercooled versions for a homemade setup? what is the difference between the two? A/R size etc.? 84-86 was hot air and 87 was intercooled..is that correct?Thanks for any input Mike

86-87 were intercooled, 84-85 was hot air, and 79-83 were carb hot air.

I "think" the 86-87 turbo was bigger than the earlier models, but I could be wrong, I never asked.

The 84-5 turbos flow approx 390 cfm, and the 86-7 turbos flow approx 550cfm. As for advantages, 86-7's are more plentiful, and the compressor output port is easier to adapt, the port is connected to the intercooler with a hose and clamps so if you use this hose, you can connect to where ever needed. The 84-5's use an adaptor and o-ring to intake manifold, a bit more work to adapt to something else. Not sure if there is any spool up advantage between the two though.

Back