You can type here any text you want

Question about TurboTweak 93 chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve

I recently bought a 93 octane chip from Eric and I have a question about it. I emailed Eric but I am sure he is busy so I thought I would post it here also. I am running 102 octane gas with the 93 chip so I would like to turn the boost up some. If I raise the boost to 20-21 psi what other changes should I make to the chip. Should I add more fuel? Its a fresh motor so I want to be well on the safe side. Of course I will monitor air/fuel and knock I was looking for a good place to start. My car is an 87 WE4, ported irons, 208/208 cam, 60's, GT-67(or some call it TE-67), stretch intercooler, ATR ext gate DP, Vigilante 3400 multidisc and the normal supporting mods.Thanks for the help!

Hey Steve,
Sorry, the emails stack up so fast I can't always get to all of them.
With the higher octane, you can usually run a little leaner, so sometimes you can raise the boost 2-3psi without doing anything else. However, to be on the safe side, I would increase the WOT fuel, maybe 5%, and start working the boost up and see where you get. If it looks lean, add a little more fuel, etc.

Regards,
Eric

Thanks for the quick reply Eric! Great customer service as always. I will be adding alky soon and I will be in touch about a new chip. Thanks

Steve

Back