You can type here any text you want

question about valve springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nolanator

@none_more_black
Hey everyone,
I just pulled my motor to be built, and since I am planning to go to another head, I was going through the ones I currently have and getting them set to be put up for sale. I checked the valve spring and they show 125lb. seat pressure and 284lb. at .500 lift. Is this in the ballpark of where they need to be?

The heads have Comp lightweight beehive springs and were used with a 206/206 hydraulic roller.

Hey everyone,
I just pulled my motor to be built, and since I am planning to go to another head, I was going through the ones I currently have and getting them set to be put up for sale. I checked the valve spring and they show 125lb. seat pressure and 284lb. at .500 lift. Is this in the ballpark of where they need to be?

The heads have Comp lightweight beehive springs and were used with a 206/206 hydraulic roller.
. You did not mention anything about installed height. There is some math to do when picking a spring as far as max lift,coil bind,retainer to seal clearance etc. etc. but the pressures themselves are adequate for that grind.

. You did not mention anything about installed height. There is some math to do when picking a spring as far as max lift,coil bind,retainer to seal clearance etc. etc. but the pressures themselves are adequate for that grind.

Installed height is 1.870

Back