Question for Eric at TT?

turbox-tech

Hello Eric
Can the fan control wire D2 (DK GREEN WIRE) be programmed to turn on a 2nd fan at a certain temp? Reason I am asking is I'm using a Hayden dual fan setup and the first fan can be controlled by the Hayden Temp controller and the 2nd fan takes a A/C signal (no A/C). If I can use the ECM fan control to turn on the 2nd fan that fixes my issue
Thanks in Advance Eric
Jamie

this wire looks like a B+ wire so I may be able to use the lo speed fan which is a signal wire of 2+ volt to relay

Yes, D2 was the original pin for fan control. It is used to trigger a relay. 12v goes to the relay trigger, then the trigger ground goes to pin D2. The computer will ground that pin when the set temperature is reached, which will activate the relay.

Eric

Yes, D2 was the original pin for fan control. It is used to trigger a relay. 12v goes to the relay trigger, then the trigger ground goes to pin D2. The computer will ground that pin when the set temperature is reached, which will activate the relay.

Eric
Thanks so much Eric.
So if I understand this correct, the D2 is a ground source which can be activated by temp. (can you alter the temp with your chips)? Reason being I have deleted the stock relays (3) from the system and am using aftermarket. The hayden twin fan setup will control the FIRST fan 160deg-210 range. The second fan would turn on via A/C activation or 12v signal. What I am understanding is I would have to run second relay with the D2 wire going to pin 85 (ground) on the relay, 86 gets signal ign and 87 to 30 are my power circuit to the second fan?
Thx

The temperate to activate the fan is set in the chip. I usually set my chips to about 165* F, but I can make it whatever you want.

Yes, you would need to add a relay to control the fan. You are correct on the relay terminal wiring.

Thanks once again Eric. Any idea when you will have the 80lb injectors back instock?
Take care
Jamie

I could not find a phone # either so I do believe online. I'm sure Eric will offer a phone # if there is one you and I can not see :)

99% of all orders are done through the webstore, as it's quicker and easier. However, you can call also. Send me an email or PM and we can set up a time.