You can type here any text you want

Question on 208/208 Full-Throttle Cam....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ROYAL_6

Who has used or is currently using this cam? If you have or are using it, do you like it?? Can you post up results? Maybe combos.... It doesnt say what LSA the cam has.. By any chance , does any one know? Any and all information about this cam would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.... :biggrin:

Who has used or is currently using this cam? If you have or are using it, do you like it?? Can you post up results? Maybe combos.... It doesnt say what LSA the cam has.. By any chance , does any one know? Any and all information about this cam would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.... :biggrin:

I went to look up the Erson Duttweiler 208-208 in case they were similar.
Unfortunately I could not find an official Erson web site anymore...

I've got one. Mods are in my sig. It's been a good cam. The cam is actually an Elgin grind if I remember correctly. I went with FTS after I had already wiped a Poston's and a Comp Cam's grind in just a short time. I broke it in with GM EOS and have ran Rotella and STP type oil addatives since. This car is my dd and I've got probably 45,00+ miles on this set up. It has a good idle with just enough of a lick to notice. Not a bad sound at all with my THDP and Hooker cat back. Good street manners. Works well with the stock converter and pulls strong to the redline. I'm getting a little better than 21 mpg too.

My track best, which is no way near the potential of my set-up, has been 12.9's at 109+ with low boost (18#) and a stock converter. This was with a sucky 2 teens 60 foot time on street radials and no tuning. I literally drove to the track and pulled into the staging lanes. I still have the no converter problem but with alky, the low boost problem has been solved but it seemed to make my no traction problem worse. :biggrin: I haven't had it back to the track since upping the boost but it is much stronger now. I had the mph for low 12's then so I'm sure with a better converter and better 60' times it definitely could be an 11 second set-up.

do you know what LSA is on the cam? Im sure its probably like a 110 lobe.. ive seen isky cams has one similiar to it.. with i believe was a 109 or a 112 lobe.. i have a similiar set up than you do.. but i have the TA-60... im hoping for mid 11s... anyways.. just curious who had this cam.. thanks for the replys..

Sorry, I'm unsure of the LSA and I have no idea where the spec card is but I think IIRC it was 112.

Sorry, I'm unsure of the LSA and I have no idea where the spec card is but I think IIRC it was 112.

well thanks anyways.. i tried calling full-throttle but i guess they are only open mon-friday..... so i will have to wait to get the specs till then... hopefully someone has the spec card.... thanks....

i was told this cam came from full throttle, i have it new in box- not for sale, for my next build.

cam lift int & exh .280
valve lift int & exh .448
lobe centers int 110 / exh 112
sae dur int &exh 281
.50 dur int & exh 208
sae timing btc29, abc72, bbc71, atc30
.50 timing btc-6, abc34, bbc36, atc-8

I.I.R.C., Gino ran this cam with good success do a search on him, you should be able to get what information you need from him...

ps his board name is the same Gino

thanks alot for all the replys.. i will do a search on Gino.. thanks...:biggrin:

good cam, been relaible for us (better than most flat tappet), has gone as fast as 9.89 to my knowledge.
let me know if you have more questions
Mike

Sorry.....

I misspelt his name, it's Geno and I'm pretty sure it came from Mike.

Back