You can type here any text you want

Question on Red Armstrong chips.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WH1

I recently changed my head gaskets and in the process went to 009's and a new Accufab regulator. I installed a Red Armstrong 93 chip and have had black smoke, pretty bad, and a stalling problem. I changed my Napa MAF for a brand new Microtec MAF, I know but all I can afford right now. Someone has told me these stock-style MAF's have to inlet screens and for use with RA chips I should remove one of the screens by cutting it out. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

I second that.. too rich. From my dealings with red's chips I had to turn the FP waaayyy down to get the numbers where I want them. Example.. Running a red107 cut for 009's and a pt51 and straight 110 at 26# of boost. Fuel Pressure had to be turned down to 36# for maximum performance. Just my .02

Mike Banas
87GN

Thanks for the replies, guys. Are you guys saying not to remove one of the screens or should I go ahead and do it? Oh, I also ordered a chip from Eric at Turbotweak just now. Maybe it'll do better.

Never had any luck with Red's chips, I too, find they are way rich.
I recently bought a Mafless Max Effort, I'll never go back to regular chips again.

i called about the red's chips being to fat and john said to take both screens out of my maf ( with 55 injectors ) i was running 39 lbs of fuel pressure when i finally took it out and went with a bob bailey chip. now i'm at 45 lbs. of fp

Frank, you hit it right on the money about TurboTweak. I changed out the chips and it was like night and day. My rich condition went away and my idle came up to a nice smooth 850-900 rpm's. I'm getting ready to order a race chip from Eric and can't say enough good things about his chips. Not to knock Red's chips because I hear of alot of people using them with great success but my car seems to prefer TurboTweak.

Back