You can type here any text you want

question on valve seals

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gteatr6

I just noticed that the machinist used, I believe teflon seals( black with a white insert that hugs the valve) on my heads. I gave him the felpro viton seals. I have already installed the heads. Should I let them be, or install the viton seals? Not a big deal, I just don't want to do this when the motor is in the car because the teflon seals failed. Engine is still on the stand now.

I went 34,000 miles with teflon seals on my Champion iron heads and never had any problems. Built a new engine with these same heads and a new valve job on them and new teflon seals, 5500 miles now NO problems.

I went 34,000 miles with teflon seals on my Champion iron heads and never had any problems. Built a new engine with these same heads and a new valve job on them and new teflon seals, 5500 miles now NO problems.

Thanks for the info Mike. That makes me feel better about them.

I changed them. It was really easy. You don't need air or anything with the heads on the motor. Just bring the piston up and the valve doesn't fall to far. Took me 2 beers worth of time and I drink fast.

Back