You can type here any text you want

question

• Thread starter Thread starter SR-71
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
S

SR-71

HI GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP, I BROUGHT A CHIP FOR MY 87 GN I TALKED TO A COUPLE OF GUYS THAT I KNOW AND I GET CONFLICTING STORIES MY QUESTION IS THIS ---WHEN INSTALLING A NEW PERFORMANCE CHIP ( i know you cannot let it touch the carpet) ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DICONNECT THE ENTIRE COMPUTER OR CAN YOU JUST OPEN THE BACK AND CHANGE THE CHIP ?? I JUST DON'T KNOW... AGAIN THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYBODY IN HERE HAS ALWAYS COME THREW FOR ME ;)

THANKS, CARLOS

87 GN CHIP, K&n air-filter torque converter of a gnx
running ?? your guess is as good as mine:D

Originally posted by CARLOS ELVIRO
ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DICONNECT THE ENTIRE COMPUTER OR CAN YOU JUST OPEN THE BACK AND CHANGE THE CHIP ?? I JUST DON'T KNOW... AGAIN THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYBODY IN HERE HAS ALWAYS COME THREW FOR ME ;)

Carlos:

Just unplug the orange ECM wire under the hood near the radiator overflow tank. Make sure you get rid of any static electricity by touching the door or any metal on the car prior to installing the chip. Be careful not to force the chip in if it's not seating correctly. It should just push right on easily.

I hope your chip works as good as mine would have. :D

chip

thanks tom i will, your car is running nice i wish mine ran 12s well it will soon .
thanks again tom

carlos

Re: Re: question

Originally posted by Tom87GN
Carlos:

Just unplug the orange ECM wire under the hood near the radiator overflow tank. Make sure you get rid of any static electricity by touching the door or any metal on the car prior to installing the chip. Be careful not to force the chip in if it's not seating correctly. It should just push right on easily.

I hope your chip works as good as mine would have. :D

You dont need to unplug anything. Just make sure the key is off or you will set a code 51.

Touching ground is a good idea, but if you handle the chip by the carrier and not the pins, even thats not necessary

chip

THANKS JIM , THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING BUT I WAS'NT SURE

THANKS AGAIN, CARLOS

Re: Re: question

Carlos:

Just unplug the orange ECM wire under the hood near the radiator overflow tank.

Make sure you get rid of any static electricity by touching the door or any metal on the car prior to installing the chip.

Be careful not to force the chip in if it's not seating correctly. It should just push right on easily.

No such thing as "too much" attention to eliminating potentials for probs. Better to take a few minutes more for safety's sake.

Like everyone knows, an ounce of prevention can be worth a pound of cure. :)

Hey, no sweat!

Originally posted by Two Lane
No such thing as "too much" attention to eliminating potentials for probs. Better to take a few minutes more for safety's sake.

Like everyone knows, an ounce of prevention can be worth a pound of cure. :)

I'll do what I do......and they can do what they do. It's all good. I haven't had a problem yet, and they probably haven't either. I'm a pessimist when it comes to my GN, so I'll take the extra steps, even if some think it's ridiculous. :p

chips

YOUR RIGHT TOM, I WILL TAKE EXTRA STEPS ALSO IT CAN'T HURT.:) THANKS TO ALL YOU GUYS IN FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK. I ONLY HOPE ONE DAY I COULD REPAY THE FAVOR;)

THANKS GUYS,
CARLOS E.

87-GN CHIP, K&N AIR FILTER
ART-CARR SHIFT KIT, AND A
GNX- CONVERTER :D

Re: Hey, no sweat!

I'll do what I do......and they can do what they do. It's all good. I haven't had a problem yet, and they probably haven't either. I'm a pessimist when it comes to my GN, so I'll take the extra steps, even if some think it's ridiculous. :p

Good pernt Tom. Never know when good ole Murphy will be staring over yer shoulder.....

Back