Questions about Walbro Fuel Pump

mhelli1975

On the Outside Looking In
I am in the market for an-intake fuel pump and I've been reading up on some older post form 2008 about the Walbro fuel pump failing after a very short time in some applications. I haven't been able to find any recent posts on the subject and was wondering if Walbro addressed the problem? The pump I am talking about is the one FullThrottle sells. I would hate to go through the process of replacing the pump only to have to do it again in the near future.

there is a little plastic disc inside the pump that plugs a hole used for a different application that was out of spec (US Supplier FYI) that caused an internal leak. The pumps that were effected were narrowed out and the problem was solved. This fix was brought about becuase of the members of this site who got me bad units for them to test to isolate the problem. All is well now
Mike

thanks for the info

Thanks for the information Mike. People like you are what make this board the place to be for information on the Turbo Buicks. Keep up the good work with FullThrottle, your shipping is amazingly fast and you take the time to answer questions. Nowadays that type of service is hard to find.