QUICK Q on the 87 Alternator pigtail

mario65

Hot Roddicus Supersonicus
I don't have the stock pigtail and want to get a stock one back on. I bought it at NAPA but it comes with all the plugs and wires for other setups. Anyway can someone by sure memory or taking a look verify for me that there is only one wire in that pigtail of 4 and that its in the position I attached. IF you have more than one wire please tell me where it is located on the pigtail and where it goes.

thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-12 at 10.47.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-12 at 10.47.56 AM.png
    402.1 KB · Views: 87
Since it came with the other terminal/wires, you can add a charging safety feature quite easily. Find the PNK/BLK wire that goes to the EGR solenoid, splice into it and run it to terminal F of the alternator connector. This way when the dash bulb for the alternator stops making contact, or burns out, the alternator will continue to generate power.

Note that terminal F is next to the current one (L), but not the end one, the one in the middle.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Since it came with the other terminal/wires, you can add a charging safety feature quite easily. Find the PNK/BLK wire that goes to the EGR solenoid, splice into it and run it to terminal F of the alternator connector. This way when the dash bulb for the alternator stops making contact, or burns out, the alternator will continue to generate power.

Note that terminal F is next to the current one (L), but not the end one, the one in the middle.

RemoveBeforeFlight

thanks

so is "L" the one in the pic ?