Quicker boost

1QWIK6

Torque wins
I recently ran my turbo compressor hose straight to the actuator. I did this and tightened the wastegate rod a few turns. The turbo spooled up much quicker, but went past were I wanted it to dump the boost.

My question is. How can I achieve this quicker spooling, but stop the boost at a lower level? The cheaper the idea, the better.

Thanks

why would it spool slower? (unless the wastegate is opening early)

a bleeder would allow less pressure on the actuator at any given boost, thus keeping it closed

the kind of direct connection you are talking about implies boost levels of 20+ to control well.....so if you are talking about less boost than that, not a good idea

a looped compressor and wastegate is not a very good idea on a street car (low boost)

I don't want to spool slower, I want to spool FASTER. I was confused because you said to loosen your wastegate. I thought that would make it spool slower.

You said the hose to the wastgate would make it spool slower? How? If you read what I did in the first post, I tightened my wastegate rod, and noticed the turbo spools up quicker. That is what I am after. BUT, by tightening the rod, I am also making the boost higher.

How can I get the boost to spool quickly but maintain 22 PSI?

Loosening the wastegate rod will simply lower the boost level, doesn't make it spool slower. What kinda boost level are you looking to run? (doh just saw the 22psi, hope you have alky or race gas in there!!!)

Chip programming has a BIG effect on how fast the turbo spools, as well as your car's overall combo.

Doug C.